G-Sonique Transient Shaping System+
G-Sonique has released Transient shaping system+ as part of their new G-Mix series+.
Transient shaping system+ is a tool intended to fix problems with live recorded drums or percussion and give them "a modern sound, punchy shape and adapt their envelope or transients," according to G-Sonique.
Transient shaping system+ is not a dynamic processor that is controlled by input level amounts (like a compressor). Overall sound is controlled and shaped by its own dynamics and transients.
- Transient control - :
- long: algorithm for controlling and shaping transients from the perspective of a longer period of time (in milliseconds). Attack and release knob for setting shape of transients/beat envelope and transient amount knob for setting amount of boosting transients/envelope shape, set by attack and release knob.
- short: similar algorithm to Transient control – long just aimed to controlling, shaping and boosting transients/beat envelopes from the perspective of a short period of time (in milliseconds).
Combinations of short and long transient control are designed to allow freedom to shape the transients / envelopes of the beat. For example: Long transients in the beat can be kept, but with just lower volumes (by setting a lower value of transient amount on the long transient control module) and in parallel, a short and punchy transient boost can be added by setting high values of transient amounts on the transient control – short module, G-Sonique says.
- Input and output volume knob: similarly, as with an analog outboard one can affect overall sound by setting the level of input volume.
- Saturation shaping of transient control – short/long module: if there are too sharp and intensive volume peaks / transients after boosting with TSS+ and the user doesn't want to compress/limit with additional compressors, they can transform the sharp shape of the transients into rounded analog sounding peaks / transients with transient shaping control. Saturation shaping is not basic saturation of overall sound that adds higher harmonics as you know from vintage machines, it is just saturation/rounding of the signal from the transient control module long/sharp by which are multiplied original transients of the dry signal.
- Bypass for comparing a track with and without the effect.
- Dry/Wet knob for precise setting how much of effect will be applied.
- Preset manager with 20 precisely selected example presets for electronic and acoustic Drums and Percussion.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2.1 Update Cakewalk announces availability of a free update for Z3TA+ 2.
- Focusrite Saffire MixControl v2.4 Focusrite have posted an update to Saffire Mix Control, the Mac and PC-compatible mixer software that comes with all Saffire Pro and Liquid Saffire Firewire audio interfaces.
- Prime Loops Release Tropical ShakeUp Tropical ShakeUp is a collection of 400 tropical House drum loops and samples for the current global dance scene.