Sample Modeling Mr. Sax T.
SampleModeling has announced the release of Mr. Sax T., the new Kontakt Player-based Tenor saxophone plug-in instrument, created by Stefano Lucato in cooperation with Giorgio Tommasini & Peter Siedlaczek.
Mr. Sax T.Mr. Sax T. is sample-based but it relies on a completely new technology - Synchronous Wave Triggering - developed (and patent-pending) by Stefano Lucato. The saxophone is a difficult instrument to emulate. Despite several attempts, using different technologies ranging from traditional sampling to sophisticated physical modeling, the results obtained so far fell short of the expectations of the SampleModeling team. This is particularly true if real time use is concerned.
Synchronous Wave Triggering
This entirely new technology was developed by Stefano Lucato when it became clear that all the previously applied approaches simply could not do. The technical name is Synchronous Wave Triggering. It uses samples as a base material, chromatically performed by a professional sax player over a very wide dynamic range, and recorded with state-of-the-art technology. The resulting timbre is therefore that of the real instrument. But the analogy with a sample based library ends here. The underlying, proprietary technology allows continuous interpolation among different vectors like time, dynamics, pitch and formants. Advanced real time processing techniques yield realistic legato/portamento, vibrato, ornamentations & trills with phase continuity, constant-formant pitchbends, subharmonics, growl and flutter tongue to be performed in real time.
A master keyboard with some configurable MIDI controllers, pitchwheel, modwheel, and an expression pedal (or breath controller) is required for real time playing. Virtually any type of wind-controller can also be used to play this instrument.
Pricing & Availability
Mr. Sax T. has an MSRP of €119 / $164 / £95 (+ VAT if within the European Union, and if applicable). Like The Trumpet, Mr. Sax T is not a library, and no additional sampler or player is needed. Mr. Sax T. is a Kontakt Player 2 Virtual Instrument, working either stand-alone, or as a plug-in (VST or RTAS for Windows / VST, RTAS or AU for Mac).
1. Purchase The Trumpet and Mr. Sax T. as a bundle and get a 20% discount on both instruments.
2. Registered The Trumpet users who purchased The Trumpet before December 9th are entitled to a 20% discount on the Mr. Sax T. This offer is valid until January 15th, 2009.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?