Arturia Oberheim SEM V Available
Arturia announces the shipping of their new synthesizer: the Oberheim SEM V.
The Oberheim SEM V is designed to reproduce the sound and interface of the Synthesizer Expander Module.
Recreating the tone, waveshapes, multimode 12dB/octave filter and other detailed characteristics of its ancestor, the Oberheim SEM V also brings polyphony, MIDI control, arpeggiation and of a new modulation matrix designed to widen the sonic palette.
The Oberheim SEM V features "ultra-fat basses and textured leads," according to Arturia, but it is also delivers the "sequences and ethereal pads present on the 8 Voice model," thanks to the 8 Voice Programmer and Keyboard Follow modules.
- All the original features of the Oberheim SEM: two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators.
- Added functionalities: Sub oscillator, 2nd LFO, white noise, on board effects (overdrive, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento.
- Polyphony and 8 voice multitimbrality
- New 8-Voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- Compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/Seven 32 bit and 64 bit), Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel only)
MSRP : USD 249.00 / EURO 229.00
Check out the Arturia website for more information and sound demos.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Voxengo LF Max Punch 1.4 Voxengo LF Max Punch version 1.4 update is now available for download.
- IK Multimedia Sampletank for iPad IK Multimedia announces that SampleTank 1.1 for iOS is now available as a universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig Pro 5 Review Within a few years, Guitar Rig has become a reference in the world of guitar amps and effects simulation. The fourth version, which saw the light of day about two years ago, already brought major sound quality improvements with itself thanks to the new –however limited— Control Room feature... Can the German manufacturer surprise us with this fifth version? Read on...