Charlatan is back in v2
We left Dominique Wurtz and his Charlatan VA synth in v1.4.1, he’s back this month this month under the name of BlauKraut Engineering and a beta v2.
Charlatan v2 has been deeply revamped, the developper rewrote the DSP engine so that the plug-in now uses about 50% less CPU ressources in polyphonic mode.
Here’s what you’ll find in Charlatan 2:
- Subtractive polyphonic VA synthesizer
- 2 oscillators with shape modulation, hard sync and ring modulation
- Unison mode with up to 7 voices and stereo spread
- Stereo noise generator
- 2 ADSR envelope generators
- LFO with tempo host sync
- 3 types of filter modeled after classic hardware: 4-pôle 24 dB/octave and 2-pole 12dB/octave low-pass, band-pass
- Monophonic, legato monophonic and 8-voice polyphonic modes
- Built-in presets
The developer adds that most of the presets from v1 are compatible with this new version. Charlatan v2 is currently in beta 3, it is available in VST 32/64-bit format for Windows and you can download it for free from www.blaukraut.info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- NoiseAsh launches a virtual piano for Kontakt NoiseAsh gets into sound library development with a first creation for Kontakt featuring samples of a Yamaha C3 Grand Piano.
- Fluffy Audio unveils Trio Broz for Kontakt Fluffy Audio will release on May 15th the first volume in their new Trio Broz sampled string instrument series for Kontakt.
- Toontrack releases Southern Soul EZX Toontrack introduces today a new EZX expansion pack for EZdrummer 2 dedicated to Southern Soul drums.