HyperSynth has announced the release of SIDizer, a new emulation of the SID chip in the form of a software synthesizer plug-in.
Using circuit modeling technology, the features of the two versions (6581-8580) of the SID chip, including their flaws, are said to be accurately modeled. This emulation focuses on simulating the nonlinear character of the SID filter and mimicking special 6581 distortion that mainly influences the alternation of the filtered signal in a real SID chip. It offers additional envelopes, LFOs, mod matrix and a routable bit-cruncher for adding extra lo-fi sound quality.
SIDizer's GUI is inspired by HyperSynth's HyperSID and offers tweaking for all parameters on a single page. It is an instrument for creating the chip-tune style but it can produce a type of analog sound colored with harmonic distortion that is suited for creating bass, lead and drum sounds.
- 3 oscillators offering 8 waveforms: Saw, Triangle, Square, Pitched noise, "AND" combinations of them.
- Oscillators special features: ring, sync, phase sync, Sqr PW, level.
- Selectable 6581-8580 D/A distortion.
- 3 Amp envelopes ADSR.
- 12 dB (LP & HP), 6 dB BP SID modeled Filter.
- Best matched Exponential-fitted curves for 6581-8580 filter frequencies.
- Simulating 6581 half wave filter distortion.
- 1 Filter envelope + key track for filter freq.
- 2 LFOs each with 4 simultaneous outputs offering sync and retriggering option.
- 1 Mod envelope.
- Versatile Modulation matrix.
- Bug-generator module for reproducing famous bugs: oscillator leakage, ex-input noise.
- Bit Cruncher with pre and post filter route option.
- Advanced 8 step C64 like arpeggiator.
- Master: Pitch and Mod wheel, Porta, Spread, Reverb, Delay.
- Easy to use GUI.
- Factory soundbank created by Torben Hansen (aka Metal of Vibrants).
Pricing & Availability
SIDizer is currently available for the introductory price of $49 for the first 64 customers. The full price will then be $64. It is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sonic Reality Neil Peart Drums Vol.1: The Kitdelete Sonic Reality has announced the release of Neil Peart Drums Vol. 1: The Kit, a music software recreation of the DW drum kit of Rush drummer Neil Peart.
- Ohm Force Studio Teaser 5 Part 5 of a 5 part series demonstrating Ohm's Studio- an online collaborative sequencer.
- Korg MicroKEY Korg unveiled its new microKEY USB Powered Keyboard and MIDI Controller.