Equinoxe, SuperWave’s new virtual synth
SuperWave introduces Equinoxe, a big virtual synth in VST format for Windows, available in Standard and Extreme HD versions.
Equinoxe is a name that will ring a bell to many of you synth fans, SuperWave’s intend with this instrument is to recreate the sound of french artist Jean-Michel Jarre. Along with the synth, the developer also provides tracks from the artist (Equinoxe 4 and Magnetic Fields 2 with the trial version, 12 tracks with the paid version), along with a drum bundle.
Equinox retains part of the features of the SuperWave Ultimate synth, but with tweaks that allow for recreating Jarre’s sound and effects. You can use it to build pads, leads, strings, basses and more.
- 2 oscillator sections for 28 simultaneous oscillators, including the Ultimate Oscillator with 16 programable oscillators (waveform, volume, pan, spread, detune…)
- 2 variable state resonant multimode filters: low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, -12 / -24dB, Moog, with cutoff frequency, resonance, follower controls…
- 3 pitch, filter and amplitude envelopes, with attack, decay, depth, sustain, release, curve controls…
- 2 LFOs
- Amplifier with pan, LFO1 depth and level controls
- Classic and phrase arpeggiator (4 octave range)
- 4 x 32 step sequencer (3 for modulation with various destinations and Gate sequencer) with reverse playback mode
- Built-in effects: chorus, phaser, delays, reverb, limiter with drive, 2-band EQ
- 10 and 20-note polyphonic versions
- MIDI CC control with MIDI Learn
- 192 built-in presets
- Patch explorer with FXP and FXB file saving
The Extreme HD version offers the same features but it is designed for those who work on large HD screens with a minimum graphic resolution of 1920 x 1200. In this version, all the panels are accessible from a single interface. Standard version is included when you purchase this HD edition.
Equinoxe is available for £39.99 and the Extreme HD version for £49.99. You can listen to audio demos and download trials at www.superwavesynths.co.uk.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Selena, B.Serrano’s new freeware synth Benoit Serrano offers a stripped-back version of its Horus virtual synth, called Selena, which is still free and in VST format for Windows.
- Sound Magic releases the Dynamic Bundle The new Sound Magic Dynamic Bundle gathers 5 plug-ins in VST format for Windows.
- HybridTwo introduces Project Bravo Project Bravo is the sequel to Project Alpha, both being cinematic sound design libraries for Kontakt created by HybridTwo.