ArKaos Releases GrandVJ 1.5
ArKaos, provider of technology for live visual performances, announces the release of GrandVJ 1.5, which includes new features and enhancements.
GrandVJ is a real-time video mixer software designed to allow VJs to compose up to eight layers of video on the fly.
The new GrandVJ 1.5 adds two new features: Transitions and ArKaos Connect VST plus various other changes.
37 New Transitions
- The transitions are distributed across the following groups: eight Fades - three Blinds - six Masks - four Distortions - three 3Ds - two Pixelisations – seven Rectangles - one Slide - one Swipe - two Waves
- Each transition can have up to four parameters plus a fade time, all of which can be controlled through MIDI.
- In Synth Mode, the new transitions add fade in/fade out between visuals.
- In Mixer Mode, users get advanced live control on the transitions through the A-B mixer.
ArKaos Connect VST link between Musicians and VJs
- ArKaos Connect allows GrandVJ to receive sound and MIDI from an audio sequencer compatible with VST plug-ins, running on the same machine or on another machine from the network.
- ArKaos Connect has been tested with Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar X1, Reaper and FL Studio.
- Browser Preview feature: The browser now allows the user to preview visuals, effects, transitions and sources before displaying them in the output window, like a DJ would listen a track before playing it to his audience.
- Akai APC 20 Support with MIDI feedback: GrandVJ 1.5 brings bidirectional support for Akai’s new MIDI controller, the APC20, through a dedicated template, like for the APC40 in the previous release.
- Live Acquisition Boards support in Mac OS X: GrandVJ will now accept most acquisition devices under Mac OS X thanks to the added support for QuickTime Sequence Grabber and QT Kit.
- Multiple Monitors Support on Windows: Under Windows 7 it is now possible to use multiple monitors from a graphics card with several outputs, even when the spanning functionality is not available, as it was under Windows XP.
- Colour Pass Effect: The new colour pass filter transforms a coloured visual into a grayscale image, allowing only one colour to pass through. Four parameters can be used to select the colour range.
For more information, visit www.arkaos.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lumen, new software analog video synth Paracosm introduces its upcoming Lumen, a semi modular « analog » video synthesizer that will be released this summer for Mac OS X.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] A GoPro for Musicians GoPro, the leader in the portable camera market, showcases a Music Edition of its HERO3+, that we discovered today at Musikmesse 2014.
- Media Composer 7 featuring iZotope Insight iZotope and Avid partnered in order to include the Insight metering tools suite to the new Media Composer 7.