The third generation of TC Helicon VoiceLive vocal and guitar processor will be available this month.
The new version of the VoiceLive processor sports a new look, with a brushed aluminum faceplate instead of the black and blue finish of the previous versions. The 10 metal switches located on the lower part of the device are still present, but the buttons on the left of the display have been replaced with the same touch dials as the ones on the VoiceLive Touch, such as the navigation buttons on the right of the display.
As for functionalities, VoiceLive 3 offers a vocal processor with new effects and harmonies, a guitar processor with amp simulations and effects from the TC Electronic TonePrint stompboxes and a 3-phrase looper that allows for recording up to 45 minutes with unlimited overdubs. A LoopAssist feature automatically syncs the loops to the tempo and adjusts their length if necessary. You can also rearrange the recording and create ensembles for full songs and stock them for instantaneous recall along with the presets.
Also new on the VoiceLive 3, the vocal and guitar outputs are now separate, and the looper output will depend on wether you recorded the loops with guitar or vocals (loops created with guitar will output to the amp while the ones created with vocals will go to the PA).
The VoiceLive 3 also includes RoomSense mics for adding room ambience and it ships with a special cable that combines guitar and headphones for those in-ear monitoring or for those who play without amp. Last, the processor can be remotely controlled from the TC Helicon MP-75 and Sennheiser e835 fx vocal microphones.
VoiceLive 3 features:
- 11 independent vocal effects blocks
- More than 180 different styles
- More than 200 factory presets and more than 1000 available for free download
- Internal memory for 500 presets
- New Pedal, Fixed and Mixed Mode harmony modes
- Built-in Vocoder with polyphonic synth and robot modes
- Adaptive Tone feature
- New guitar effects: Chopper, Talk Box, Drive, Wah and bass simulation
- Acoustic mode for guitar
- The guitar chords and note automatically drive the vocal harmonies, HardTune, Synth and vocoder
- XLR/Jack combos for main inputs with automatic detection of the input/output signal type (mic/instrument/line)
- Dedicated stereo outputs for guitar amp and vocals
- Separated mix outputs for monitoring and headphones
- Monitor Mix input
The TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 will be available in January, 2014 for the suggested price of 799€ / $799 / £699. More info at www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-3/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.