Warwick Streamer LX 6
ModelWarwick Streamer LX 6

Model belonging to the Streamer LX series from Warwick

Articles
Tutorials
  • Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Warwick Streamer LX 6

Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
MGR/Winston Payne07/03/2004

MGR/Winston Payne's review"Warwick Streamer LX"

Warwick Streamer LX 6
This bass just felt right in my hands the first time I picked it up at the Guitar Center. It was love at first playing. This how a bass is supposed to feel in your hands. I was looking for a P/J pickup combination. This bass has it. I paid $1000

The tone is awsome. The MEC pickups sound great. The flamed maple body, ovankol neck, and wenge fingerboard are beautiful and add to the awsome tone. The bridge adjusts in three directions, height, spacing and length. The nut height is adjustable. The control cover and truss rod cover can be removed without tools.

The adjustable nut has a somewhat sharp edge that I have banged my hand on a few times slidding down to the first fret. It's not sharp enough to break skin, but you will feel it. I've been meaning to file it down, but haven't gotten around to it. The placement of the volume and pickup pan seems backwards to me. The owners manual leaves a lot to be desired. One owners manual covers all Warwick basses. The only explination of the Active/Passive push/pull volume control is "Push/Pull volume control". Once you drain the battery you will figure out that the active setting is with the volume knob in.

The bass is handmade in Germany. The quailty and craftsmanship are beyond compare. Warwicks are the best made basses I've ever played, and I've been playing for over 20 years.

The pros play Warwicks for a reason. You can have my Warwick when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. I love this bass.