Yamaha MOTIF 7
Yamaha MOTIF 7

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

n.b-sound-track n.b-sound-track
Published on 03/22/08 at 01:50
See site yamaha

Yam is the manual, so clear and sufficient. That said, do not sleep on it!
It is good to scroll through menus without affine to become familiar with the bike.

Pianos:
Enough to live in the studio but almost unusable;
Rhodes:
Ample and that in all areas;
Orgs:
Largely developed for the blues-rock and jazz;
Guitars:
A few interesting presets;
Bass:
Fairly neutral but pass in a well balanced mix;
Strings:
Same;
Winds, brass etc:
Some interesting things but as I say below, this is not the strong point of this machine ...

Purchased shortly after its release and still with me on stage and in studio!
Of course, since it was released Motif ES, Motif XS, but I preferred not réinvestire.
I especially emissions as a key stage for its Rhodes and his Hammons clavinets.
I find that overall the sounds are widely exploited and that in all styles of music even if you have to admit, the pattern is most effective and even excels in dde electronic music.
The reason I have never used as sequencing, is its lack of polyphony.
It is imperative to add maps plugins to take full advantage of this keyboard and that's purely commercial logic Yamaha
Since the new monsters of the series pattern are already equipped for polyphony.
Aside from the inconvenience, the Motif is a treat for me on stage and in studio.
I work in a group of blues-rock, and what I do, it satisfies me greatly.
If I had to part with it one day, it would necessarily be a novelty but I will not leave without a twinge in my heart.
Yes, we go from good times with bikes and there is sometimes very Atach despite rising to the new niche.
I put all the same a 8 out of 12 because of the mouth of foutage Yam polyphony for this story that does not really laugh all loyal users who expected to spend only the price of the bike which was already alone is already expensive.