• Increase or decrease font size

Audio-Technica AT2035 : JimboSpins's user review

"a must have" 8 (8/10)

Characteristics 8/10

The AT2035 is a large condenser microphone with low noise. The qualities of the recordings you will get with this microphone are very natural and give you a “true” sound. It is a great microphone for vocals, guitar tracks and even drums (mainly a kick drum). This microphone is very versatile and sounds great in live and in studio recordings.

Overall Opinion 8/10

You can use this microphone in wide open spaces and not have to worry about external noise being picked up from other sound sources. This microphone is a great choice for someone who records at home and records from a few different instruments. The AT2035 has the perfect frequency range giving a thick and warm sound no matter what vocal tone your voice is. It does have a low frequency roll off switch with a standard 3 pin XLR connection.
After recording with this microphone you will not need to boost many frequencies, just maybe a little on the high end if you have a deeper voice. I have been using this microphone for over a year and I fell in love with it after just the first few uses. I was in search of a microphone that was not only affordable but that could record many different instruments and vocal types and also a microphone that I could use live for a few different sets. This microphone does not get much use live from me anymore, but I still use it at home to record sometimes. This microphone is affordable and works great, I have also used many of the other Audio Technica AT microphones and many of them are the same. Even the ones that cost more than the AT2035 like the AT2050; I do not feel like that microphone is better than the AT2035 and the AT2035 is cheaper and gives you a better quality recording.