Roland VM-3100 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Roland VM-3100 is a digital mixer that is not only affordable but it works great and it is easy to use. Roland has many digital mixers out and I have used most of them, this is one of the more affordable and portable ones they have made and since it is an older model you can get it for an even better price than you could when it first came out. You can save up to 16 different EQ presets on each channel as well as change any EQ you want on each channel. This mixing console does have effects built into it. On the VM3100 the effects are similar to the VM3100 PRO. The main difference is with the PRO version you will get more effects.
- This console has full 24 bit resolution and 2 extra compressors on it. There is a small backlit LCD screen, but it is not the easiest to navigate considering the size of it and there is no output to get it on a larger screen; so you will have to just work with the onboard screen. There are buttons on the VM3100 that light up, which makes it really easy once you understand where they are because it will speed up your work flow and help you out in a dark room.
- Effects are great, very powerful and useful. They are also easy to find and navigate through.
- Overall Opinion
- The main selling point of this model comes from the 2 onboard effects processors, these are high quality and very powerful (well they were very powerful at the time but now there are other mixers that are more powerful). You must take into consideration that they do not make this model anymore so if you purchase it you will be getting it used. Which is not a bad thing but it will probably have some wear and tear because these units scratch very easy. Also check out the new 7000 series models of mixers if you want to get something similar but new.
User reviews in other languages
- See more advice or roland site for spec
Sufficient for my use at the beginning but now J will need more tracks I will sell it soon ...
- Super simple qd one takes the trouble to go through the manual as qq functions are not easy to find
Manuel fairly clear and ample
- Converters of very good quality for that price
The effects are really not bad also especially the reverb
Very good dynamic, I think that personal price for her she did not equivalent to
- Overall Opinion
- I used the last 4 years in j am delighted
I will soon have to invest in another table for lack of runs but I am going to be difficult to separate I think
I find unbeatable value for money
I do it again without hesitation that choice especially considering the price or I have paid the
- For specifications, see below, I have nothing to add.
if, may be sorry to have only two XLR inputs, but hey, for the price, do not push it either
- Using ultra simple and intuitive ...
I do not have the user manual in French and I got out quickly.
when I got there, it means that even a hamster can do ....
- Nothing to say, it's super clean, and the effects of quality
the preamp may be a bit low for a voice ..
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for several years on tour, such as personal return table
I take great care, and I never had any worries, it is very reliable.
I really like the ergonomics, size, robustness, its comprehensive functions.
before 3100, I walk with a rack for the reverb (quadraverb2), a mackie (1402vlz pro) etc ... Now I have more than that and besides, it sounds better ...
I tried tables fostex digital ... beuahhh is worth avoiding so it sucks ...
I have since 3100, my pro 1402vlz stay at home and take dust, it is to say ...
the price of this little gem is more than interesting especially cars on Audiofanzine.
I remake this choice without hesitation, have pity there is no intermediary between 3100 and 7100.
I am so glad I bought another (pro version)
pity I can not make 20/10
- - Is the rack? not
- How many lanes, bus attendant, of dparts, returns ...)? 12 audio channel, 16 channel MIDI, send 2For, Master L / R, 1 Out Bus, 1 headphone
- What is the type of connectors (RCA, Jack, XLR ...)? 2 XLR, a high impedance (guitar), 8 6.35 Lines jack, 2 RCA Stereo
- The qualiseur paramtrique is it? yes
- The effects section is it intgre? ... 1 and 2 multi purpose mono compressors used in a single stereo
For consoles numriques:
- What is the precision of chantillonage (bits / kHz)? limit 24 bits, 44.1 khz
- Automation is there any support as I think digital console but not be great unless the sisters
- What types of media are synchro? No ...
Having a little bit of hardware configuration, the possibility of routing me enough, the sound quality is enough for me too, I do not use too many effects but still can troubleshoot faster fai like little reverb on the voice
- It's like everything enough to look, I read the manual is a joke then I spend two hours a tt press buttons to determine their usefulness and then I look at the possibility of internal routing , presets, effects sends, the brief setup all the possibilities (for those who adopt this method do not forget the Riter operation with the shift button as many button is a doubly useful) and conclusion :
very simple architecture and is the mastery o After 3 hours, the "normal functions" are too easily accessible in. eg requires turning the knob of eq eq o have access to what makes you change the value register ( or else it is the only escape CHOZ to me lol)
great thing sucks so no MIDI THROUGH therefore obliged to go to the setup to change the output OUT THROUGH c kan really sucks is no midi interface
as I was previously di manual is a joke carambar a tt he only ...
but simple and effective for the rest (that is easy to fade)
- Well my monitor system is a beginning class (Alesis Monitor One MKII) so I know even if they are in. transparent but I think what a good sound better than my analog phonic anciennce case tt
effects are sympatoche without being transcendent
to assess the dynamics I would put the beethoven promised tomorrow but otherwise nothing really shocks me
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for three months, I like his aesthetical loooool not in fact nothing I hate in this console when I m on c buy a 01V96 jlui find fault with the small roland but for now she perfectly couvient knowing that I work only with virtual I order logic, the knob may serve me as controller of noon in kontakt and finally the virtual faders for mixing
o audio level has the return of the computer and my microphone Studio Project B1 (a little pub in. ca fai wrong lol) I eq filter with a microphone recording c really perfect yet, j 'considering the purchase of a Delta 66 with midi interface for my multiply possibility of routing the PC and not having to go into setup to change the thru
I was the purchase of OCCAZ 450 euros and I had long coveted, I do not really sui disappointed I love him very strong
- Considering the price, it bttn, but it is unfortunate that there is only one assignable effect ...
12 channels, 3 band equalizer paramtrique on each channel, two compressors assignable, more an effect of multi-effect also assignable.
I / O optical and coaxial S / P DIF
MIDI compatibility allowing software to control the type cubase.
- Practice, handling over 2 hours. Just routing, on DIFFERENT BUS which is a little complicated if you are not used tables numriques ...
- Good converters, compared to the price (20 bits). More than enough to store models or to add sound.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 3 months, and I'm happy ... trs
But if I were to buy it back, I will VM3100 pro version, the above MODEL, which is even more when complte, and has an optical connector for using an 8-track digital multitrack roland America (ADAT) ...