The Tascam DM 3200 feels and sounds great. I love the routing flexibility that can be stored in the presets. The integration with software is great. However, there are a few minor bugs that still need to be worked out between Sonar 5.2 and the control page.
All in all they took the functionality of the DM-24 and made it better. The REMOTE layer is perfect for DAW use. Simple to set-up--easy to use. We swapped the FIREWIRE and ADAT cards (from the DM-24) right into our console with no issues. (NOTE: We had purchased a later model FIREWIRE card that has jumper options to allow it to work in either the DM-24 or DM-3200.)
Sounds Great, love the effects and filters. It will work with virtually any style of music that you create. Plus Tascam offers great support on the phone if you need to troubleshoot or just have some questions.
The Tascam DM 3200 is great (OSX). The new companion software is useful and responsive. It provides individual channel metering if you did not purchase the meterbridge as well as the ability to save/backup configurations on your PC. Navigation is better and overall and functionality is much more intuitive (than the DM-24). Its pretty expensive but if you can afford it I say go with it, I am thankful that we have one of these on hand at the university for me to use on a personal level. I will purchase one of these one day for my home set up. Once you learn the logic behind the routing, you can make it do anything you want it to do. I use Cubase 5 with it and a modest PC and I haven't had one problem with the combination since. You can't go wrong if you buy this unit. It makes recording very easy and sounds great. You really need to buy the firewire card for 32 channel I/O.
Sampling rates from 44 to 96
FX TC Electronic
Wordclock sync & Midi
Compatible Daw: Mackie / Hui / Cubase / Sonar / Digidesign
Aboard the IF MKII FireWire 32/32 provides:
48 tracks in total
For the rest go on site to view spcificits Sennheiser.
The config is a bit complex due to the possibility of routing on offer.
The manual is insufficient in this respect prcis dailleurs!
The rest is OK
The functions fall easily to hand.
It is a pleasure pod with.
The convertos are acceptable.
The effects trs correct. (TC Electronic).
The momentum is good.
The Eq pousss well be asked to ring.
Acquisition in 2005 I believe.
I do not remember how much I pay, but it does not matter,
She has a hundred times .... Redu
+ The Flip Engine is the memory of scnes are formidable!
- The trim of (Pots), not when you want prcis linker two tracks
Stereo in, hello to rgler exactly two input levels.
And especially the race of Pots is logarithmic,
we have a range that dcolle to 3 / 4 of the race, trsdsagrable ...
In my opinion (which is only my opinion-even)
Jars of Anti-log would be welcomed.
No fault, except that LEDs transport s'clairent addition, poor contact or nazes, it is not okay.
Report quality excellent price for an entry-level pro.
I would take the plutt DM 4800, with an interface between Audio supplmentaire 8 for 32 in Hard In ...
Avalon and more filled with a scholarship, indeed, indeed, the convertos sound a bit "cold", but considering the price of the console, we can not ask him more, and finally congratulations for Tascam con Does this MODEL.
16 mic / line IN
4 to (Jack) IN / OUT
24 tdiff IN / OUT
2 Spdiff IN / OUT
2 AES IN / OUT
ADAT (optical) IN / OUT
4 full parametric EQ + dynamics of 32 tacks
2 FX TC Electronics
DAW 32 in / out via FireWire
Quick and easy, but Tascam, think like Tascam ...
Routing trs complete (for me one of the most important on the console) and DAW control trs well.
converters correct for this type of console and trs good value ...
pramp a fair bit.
Reliable and dynamic eq.
I have this console in recent years with a dj 8IN/8OUT analog card and a Firewire card, I'm telling trs!
it has great potential in terms of routing it allows me all the connections that I need in my studio.
trs sound decent for the price!
qualitprix excellent! I remake that choice without hsiter ...
- Is the rack? Oh no, it's a beautiful animal that does not fit in a rack
- How many lanes, bus attendant, departures, returns ...)? 48 channels to be distributed in any way you want: between 24 inputs TDIF, ADAT and 8, the 4 effects returns or 16 analog inputs. For the rest, see the datasheet.
- What is the type of connectors (RCA, Jack, XLR ...)? TRS and XLR
- The parametric equalizer is it? yes
- The effects section is it integrated? Yes ...
- The general configuration is it simple? enough. It takes a little time to understand the logic of the console, but you get done.
- The usual functions are they easily accessible? ergonomics is perfect, we feel it is a culmination of all the tests in the Tascam digital offspring of 8000, 4000
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ... The manual is very well done in french. There are some major bugs such as the fact activate the Auto Fader module select to run the automation. This is not specified in the manual without using the Tascam SAV in France is not far from the nervous breakdown. The rest is perfect, there is a separate instruction manual for automation and a general for the console.
- The A / D and D / A are transparent? The sound of this console is excellent. It seems that there are still guys who buy SSL? Big mistake!
- Effects and filters are effective? Yes
- The dynamics are respected? ... Yes.
- How long have you use it? It's been two months now and it is a treat. I took two to get a max of channels for cheap: only problem cascade mode is not implemented on this version and it will take the 1.20 for it in motion. the trick to bypass by connecting the output of an AES input on the other.
- What is so special that you like most and least? The more the number of channels in digital interfaces are automatically included in the console, no option to work: Motu interfaces with opportunities in the PC, you can connect three without flinching. hop and 24 tracks at once.
The Less (1): the screen is too small and a little info and provided it is sometimes difficult to read everything. A connection on a flat screen 17 'would have been ideal.
The least (2): monitoring of MTC with Logic 5.5 on a computer connected in midi is erratic. We can not be trusted: the table is a shot ahead of five seconds, once it is late 3. It is problematic to synchronize the automation. Fortunately, the full moon days, it works, then it's time to make his mix!
- Have you tried many other models before buying it? I tried everything and I do not regret having waited this Tascam, I think for the price, there is no better today.
- How would you rate the quality / price? Excellent for the console. Only the Vu meter band is a bit expensive: around 750 euros.
- With experience, you do again this choice? ... Without hesitation. This console is full arch, very good sound. I qq problems with word clock sync, but everything should work out with the acquisition of a central clock. The rest is impeccable: 96 channels in total for 8000 euros, which could be better.