Tascam DM-3200 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Tascam DM 3200 feels and sounds great. I love the routing flexibility that can be stored in the presets. The integration with software is great. However, there are a few minor bugs that still need to be worked out between Sonar 5.2 and the control page.
- All in all they took the functionality of the DM-24 and made it better. The REMOTE layer is perfect for DAW use. Simple to set-up--easy to use. We swapped the FIREWIRE and ADAT cards (from the DM-24) right into our console with no issues. (NOTE: We had purchased a later model FIREWIRE card that has jumper options to allow it to work in either the DM-24 or DM-3200.)
- Sounds Great, love the effects and filters. It will work with virtually any style of music that you create. Plus Tascam offers great support on the phone if you need to troubleshoot or just have some questions.
- Overall Opinion
- The Tascam DM 3200 is great (OSX). The new companion software is useful and responsive. It provides individual channel metering if you did not purchase the meterbridge as well as the ability to save/backup configurations on your PC. Navigation is better and overall and functionality is much more intuitive (than the DM-24). Its pretty expensive but if you can afford it I say go with it, I am thankful that we have one of these on hand at the university for me to use on a personal level. I will purchase one of these one day for my home set up. Once you learn the logic behind the routing, you can make it do anything you want it to do. I use Cubase 5 with it and a modest PC and I haven't had one problem with the combination since. You can't go wrong if you buy this unit. It makes recording very easy and sounds great. You really need to buy the firewire card for 32 channel I/O.
User reviews in other languages
- 16 mic / line IN
4 to (Jack) IN / OUT
24 tdiff IN / OUT
2 Spdiff IN / OUT
2 AES IN / OUT
ADAT (optical) IN / OUT
4 full parametric EQ + dynamics of 32 tacks
2 FX TC Electronics
DAW 32 in / out via FireWire
- Quick and easy, but Tascam, think like Tascam ...
Routing trs complete (for me one of the most important on the console) and DAW control trs well.
- converters correct for this type of console and trs good value ...
pramp a fair bit.
Reliable and dynamic eq.
- Overall Opinion
- I have this console in recent years with a dj 8IN/8OUT analog card and a Firewire card, I'm telling trs!
it has great potential in terms of routing it allows me all the connections that I need in my studio.
trs sound decent for the price!
qualitprix excellent! I remake that choice without hsiter ...
- Rackable, yes with a custom furniture ...
Sampling rates from 44 to 96
FX TC Electronic
Wordclock sync & Midi
Compatible Daw: Mackie / Hui / Cubase / Sonar / Digidesign
Aboard the IF MKII FireWire 32/32 provides:
48 tracks in total
For the rest go on site to view spcificits Sennheiser.
- The config is a bit complex due to the possibility of routing on offer.
The manual is insufficient in this respect prcis dailleurs!
The rest is OK
The functions fall easily to hand.
It is a pleasure pod with.
- The convertos are acceptable.
The effects trs correct. (TC Electronic).
The momentum is good.
The Eq pousss well be asked to ring.
- Overall Opinion
- Acquisition in 2005 I believe.
I do not remember how much I pay, but it does not matter,
She has a hundred times .... Redu
+ The Flip Engine is the memory of scnes are formidable!
- The trim of (Pots), not when you want prcis linker two tracks
Stereo in, hello to rgler exactly two input levels.
And especially the race of Pots is logarithmic,
we have a range that dcolle to 3 / 4 of the race, trsdsagrable ...
In my opinion (which is only my opinion-even)
Jars of Anti-log would be welcomed.
Good article on DIFFERENT Pots
- The internal talback ch ...
No fault, except that LEDs transport s'clairent addition, poor contact or nazes, it is not okay.
Report quality excellent price for an entry-level pro.
I would take the plutt DM 4800, with an interface between Audio supplmentaire 8 for 32 in Hard In ...
Avalon and more filled with a scholarship, indeed, indeed, the convertos sound a bit "cold", but considering the price of the console, we can not ask him more, and finally congratulations for Tascam con Does this MODEL.
- Cettte rack console is not installed but can be embedded maintained by the wrists. I also states that the cuffs are plastic imitation wood. This does not detract from the quality of the console.
She has all kinds of connections on the back: XLR microphone jack line and insert the 16 channels it is mainly inputs. It does not have analog outputs for channels but it is not a handicap unless you're still using an old multitrack magnetic tape. This type of output is more utililisée to air digital. the magneto to send digital or computer are respectively SPDIF or Firewire. it says 4 inputs / outputs are available to assign what you want (onstage, headphones departures, effects ... etc.)
She works with 24-bit 4-level sampling 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96khz so it is possible to achieve
a very good definition of sound and can collect large saturation levels which may be useful in live applications.
48 channels are used they are arranged in 3 layers of 16 tracks, they Ceres 8 Aux sends,
Level of automation it is very comprehensive and even manages to activate the IPG controls analog and trigger events (starting magneto, lighting, curtain opening, triggered pyrotechnic effects in sync ... etc.)
An effects section is built into the console with two sources. one designed by TASCAM TC ELECTRONIC another pat. The effects are very good quality and personalized with much paramettres.
- In terms of ergonomics, an adaptation period is needed to understand the logic of screens, the button layout and multi mode (compactness required)
But once the environment is understood as happiness, keys to access main functions can be programmed.
After setting the screen in dedicated communication with the DAW (digital audio workstation) is no problem.
The manual is clear but succinct sometimes. A separate manual is dedicated to automation is well designed and comprehensive.
- The converters are of very good quality and preserve the natural sound.
While it is always useful to ulises a preamp dedicated to voice recording, this console has a preamp input of good quality.
- Overall Opinion
- I use this console for 3 years. before I worked with a table analog studio master serie 5
The TASCAM DM 3200 has nothing to do it is another world.
What I like most is his versatility, ergonomics.
What I like least is the screen! It is very fragile and too small for a console that level as well as for all functions parmetrage the screen is a clear interface. Without it, the console is unusable because no output to an external screen has been anticipated.
Aside from this defect, we are dealing with a console of very good quality at a very reasonable price.
I would do this choice without a doubt, especially since I believe that a solution to the screen is about to be found and not by Tascam.
- Is rack?
No, the dimensions are quite impressive, I for my part in flight case box with cables for the mobile recording, and all console and flight weighed in 70 kg.
How many lanes, bus, auxiliary sends, returns ...)?
16 XLR / jack with preamp inserts and manual level switch + mic / line and 20 db.
Adat x2 - SPIDF - wordclock - Input / Output TDIF Tascam
32 mono channels complete (param eq, comp, gate and digital amplification)
16 mono channels with compressor (ideally back machine or effect)
16 busses mono compressor
8 to mono
Stereo XLR Master 2, Master 2 Stereo Digital XLR, stereo control room outputs 2 jack, two jack headphone outputs, 4 outputs with jack and 4 jack inputs return.
Finally flat, single tracks side by side (1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc. ...) can be coupled in stereo ... sometimes it's just a mess.
The parametric equalizer is it?
Parametric equalizer with 4-way high / low pass, adjustable Q, and band reject. Pretty accurate but it takes a little kick it sometimes ...
An effects section is integrated?
Yes two Lexicon effects rather efficient and discreet. Preset of a mess, and even modeling amp electric guitar ... nice to make the clown in a home studio!
What is the accuracy of sampling (bits / kHz)?
from 44,100 to 96,000 kHz and 16 to 24 bits without any loss of function of the mode.
Automation is supported?
The automtation is supported by any software on the market with the Mach mode control. More with the internal clock can be achieved in mixing sequences from a computer to practice the transition from one song to another during the concert, or complex movements of mixing in post production.
What type of sync are supported?
Word clock and sync through the firewire card, otherwise internal clock.
The table connects to the computer through a USB port, the access sensitive driverest other software and the chipset. TMC Companion software will display a screen on the levels of the console, practice! This avoids the banner seen at 800 meters € 00.
- The general configuration is simple?
Initially routings and shipment parraisent somewhat complex situation in making his studio is very acceptable, there is time to see and prepare. on the other hand in the case of a festival or more group after another, the routing can vary from the specifications, and .... must know the fingertips to the console not even show up big drops on the forehead.
Finally the channels are divided into several layers, 1 to 16, 16 to 32, 32 to 48, 1 to buss 16 and from 1 to 8, then the Remote layer for controlling Cubase and others.
The faders are touch sensitive and also sensitive to moisture, do not use it in conditions too extreme. (Recollections of galley for 15 minutes at the last festival of music, the faders no longer met the slices randomly after 15 minutes let it run and warm everything is back to normal).
The usual functions are they easily accessible?
Yes rather, with a little practice, usability and customization help greatly. Many menus are called up by pressing one button next to the rotary encoders.
on the other hand it is imperative lamps because of Bonton can be backlit situation live.
Encoders, buttons for selection, solo and mute the rest are lit not.
Multifunction rotary encoders are great, you can use the same mode fader for to see access to two strip simultaneously.
The touch-sensitive faders allow you to display on the screen the selected track. A further report by Yamaha. Touching the runway is regulated. We are sure we are not doing anything.
The manual is clear and sufficient?
Uh .... how to say!! Yes on certain transactions, other suscins is rather like programing Noon control surface, for controlling a machine remotely via MIDI.
- The A / D converters and D / A are transparent?
Then yes, do not kick it too, remain below the average of -16 dBFS, and let it grow up beyond -4 dBFS digital noise and infernal. Otherwise nothing wrong, he has a good dynamic and relatively neutral. An advantage, but also a drawback, the mixes sound a little cold sometimes. For my part I use a small preamp lamps on certain roads, overhead and brass.
The effects and filters are effective?
The EQ and COMP / Gate is complete, it even includes a hysteresis on the gate to practice catch its batteries. The EQ section is accurate, but sometimes you just type in, and do not be afraid to put seven or eight on certain frequencies. I am still surprised at +10 on track a little light.
The dynamics are respected?
Excellent dynamics, but do not type in the preamp too. Once again. However, there are hiding in a section, part digital preamp, like high-end consoles that allows 20 db digital without saturation. Practice for all sockets harmonic, or ambience.
- Overall Opinion
- For how long have you been using it?
Almost 2 years in home studio recording and mobile models of amateur groups. Sometimes on small festivals interiors.
What thing do you like most/least about it?
Huge console, very open, we can route everything you want on anything, impeccable sound quality and excellent reliability.
Matos still very typed recording studio and home recording studios, large and heavy, it does not like to be trimbalée. Amateur big live sound and heavy user plug and play low-end consoles, your way past the product you repel.
Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Ho yes, Presonus, Mackie, Yamaha, Allen & Health, and even the Midas.
What is your opinion about the value for the price?
For me to purchase after careful consideration, it is an excellent product.
Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
Equipment for studio or home studio that mixes sound clean and well structured. It requires some computer knowledge so that everything works perfectly. For live, it is bulky and not too responsive, but the opinions of outside perssonnes available (sound engineer, turner, musicos, ...) shared an opinion from its clean and pure. Finally, it depends on the guy behind the console, if you push everything back, he can not leave a poor result.
- The table has imposing dimensions, including depth (90cm excluding depths XLR). If she has a profile of mixer classic, it is stylish with its brushed aluminum face, on the other hand little less wood on the sides which are actually plastic and paint with wear fake wood is released.
The table has 16 physical inputs or JACK + XLR insert per slice. She can add entries thanks to 2 ADAT inputs (16 channels Supp. From sound cards for example) to mount up to 48 simultaneous channels, knowing that only have 32 channels of dynamics processing complete (EQ, COMP ...) This is already sufficient for the live. Echantillage 44/48/96khz. 8 auxiliary buses, 16 buses general, parametric EQ, compressor and multieffects quality (flat for the multi-effects that are applied not in part but you must send Auxiliary) - Complete Automation - Remote for DAW - &% &% &% &% Getting started is easy for basic functions. Must navigate to properly appreciate and understand the interface which, once digested, is very simple. The manual is a bit limited for some functions, do not hesitate to download all types of jobs following modes and update firmware. The band sold 800 € Meters is not necessary, I myself opt for a screen with remote software that lets you see TASCAM COMPANION levels.
- Transparent converters, filters and effective treatment although obviously we can not concurencer equipment specific hardware. I spend all my tracks in tube preamps + external compressor before sending in the tascam.
- Use for 1 year and a half. I like the simplicity of use, comfort knobs and buttons that are not as tight as other models. For my part unbeatable value for money since I bought the console interface YEAR SLOT + 1 + 2 + SLOT ADAT interface external sound card RME FIREFACE 800 for 2400 euros! (Price new 2800 + 400 + 450 + 1200: almost 5000 euros!)
Given my current setup, I will not purchase a digital console for the simple reason that I turn all my channels in the tube preamp and compressor top flight before going into the tascam, rather go on a surface control for DAW with RME soundcards (which converters simply amazing!)
- Overall Opinion
- Very good product versatile, flexible and professional
- All adj t say, not rack, large enough, etc ...
Product trs complete its class, it is regrettable just the price of the option cards for the ACCS or firewire adat supplmentaires, I also think the band VU meters, which looks very practical
- I for a week and I've bent over about two or three hours, which was enough to "go around the bte". Overall I would say it's a good console trs think, and relatively simple given the number of paramtres it can grate. The manual is also well thought out and admit that without the manual, there are features that I would not have found the first time.
I have not tudi automation aspect because I have not yet firewire card, but the manual looks thick and clear enough.
- Again, I can not judge 100% as given that I do not use it again for my projects with my squenseur, but be aware that this imposes on any console in point: ds that the dballe, we understand that we pass a level from other tables ... ds and that the industry and that "sort" a sound is the same impression. There is no question of a table 20 000 euros, it's empty, but it is indeed in a mid-range, or between a high-end. When we read DIFFERENT opinion, the concept of dynamic is quite rcurrente about 3200, and it's true that's what the beginners the most surprising: it is my view very s good. The pramplis are convincing enough, without being specially enjoyable, they just do their job, and they do well trs: trs good reserve of gain and transparency.
The effects are not rvolutionnaires, but I t quite surprised because a bank is dedicated to reverbs TC WORKS, not "dgueu", and another bank contains Dlay , chorus, flanger, etc ... all with a possibility of rglages trs well thought out and effective, with the possibility of safeguarding its rglages. It should also be noted that in the manual, all effects are classs and rpertoris by catgories, and comments are brive Defines the reports.
The equalizer is, as he says dj t, effective, without rvolutionnaires be either. This, however, are not just gimmicks, they offer rglages very useful, such as high pass filters, low pass, which can alone make SAVE CPU resources.
The compressors are also an efficient dynamic point of view and also seriront SAVE CPU resources on the slopes a little behind, but they will surely limits of the main runways. Routing features make it possible to "link", or DIFFERENT effects modules and can thus be very easy to use side chain, yet well thought out.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a week. What I like most: the ct "war machine" lment central studio, but not "Swiss Army knife cheap and very effective." It is ultra complte, and is doing well in at least rev each area. It is well thought and do not dcourage 1 first as it could be at a gas factory Yamaha. I tried a 01V DJ, see nothing, the tascam and above in all respects.
The report price is excellent quality, especially for the versatility it offers, because it can also be formidable live.
Obviously I would do this choice, the j'hsitais dpart with its big sister the 4800 but I do not regret my choice as a transport only 3200 dj does not be so simple, so a 4800 me seems impossible to move the studio (only).
- Does everything said in the Previous post.
I put 8, as some analog or more 1Date t would not a luxury!
- The config is done, we see that they wanted a point of honor given to shortcuts faade.
The functions are simple APRS a while to adapt.
As for textbooks, no worries, there's even a DDI automation!
- In terms of Converto, the price is not expected to have the top, I sold my RME 800 to buy the table, and although I ds roro a little, I add a OctaMic D, nostalgia can be! but the efficiency of a sudden!
For the internal effects, I have dernirement test, and nothing special but nothing to complain about either!
Against by the dynamics, the ok, no worries there!
- Overall Opinion
- I've had about six months, but I have looked on it as dernirement because I used it a lot for the remote. But since I released my sequencer to mix my tracks in the table is a rgal!
What I love about this table is that it's a vritable 4X4! Before I had a Mackie, RME 800 and US-2400, all in one! For the same price!
I do it again this choice carefree, maybe even for a DM 4800
TRS is a complte consoles in numrique, no tural analog output for each, that's all (too bad, but this rate ...). She is really dedicates work is digital and all its empleure especially TDIF or she has caused 24I / O, plus 8 ADAT etc etc etc, plus the two slots and all extenssion and everything. All types of connections are available, the eq is Settings, Intgr fx etc etc ...
24 bit 96Khz with no reduction in its capacity routing ... Autaumation yes.
For dtails it becomes more technical so indescribable in a résumé.
- APRS setup fairly simple one adjustment period (between a few days a week all dpend of person), with normal consoles this gamme.Donc, limit "little nervous breakdowns" in the beginners when prsser too.
Once assimil all makes sense given that this is exactly as a concentrate of an analog studio in a "small" box ... The key is to assimilate all its menus Droulez.
The manual is clear and in French, but not quite complete my taste is a bit of a résumé essential functions, it could be more complete explanation.
- Exellent converter, some external pramps are not too celon sound research ...
Effects of same ...
Dynamic good or very very good ... And that Dirr is a vraix jewelry.
I thought that Yamaha had a monopoly on the quality of FX and converter, and although I am not due ... Thanks Tascam.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it only for a week's notice that the first, so should not be objective enough, I corrigerrais more later if needed ...
I like everything from its competitors even pricing suprieur style 02R96.
Numrique in the field, I worked on the test and only 02R96V2 Euphonix is necessarily well above comparrer no point in this last ...
Exellent quality price ratio, yes I refferrais this choice on ...
Compared the quality price, Tascam CRER a beautiful animal that competes well with the range of above and Exceeds by far one from below.
Thanks again Tascam.
Some people seem to Dirr that Yamaha is a more standard, has more class, more reliable, too bad for them, they will pay the brand standard CHRE too ...
Tascam finalists finally surpass its products and some competition, too arroguante my humble opinion ... (I too rpeter j'tais partisans Yamaha before ...), not to mention that they Digedisign ...................... ............................. rrrrrrrrrrr make a dream a beautiful scam, value for price I prcise.
PS: I agree with logos, the band saw nitre is too expensive, But what is that it is practical ...
- - Is the rack? Oh no, it's a beautiful animal that does not fit in a rack
- How many lanes, bus attendant, departures, returns ...)? 48 channels to be distributed in any way you want: between 24 inputs TDIF, ADAT and 8, the 4 effects returns or 16 analog inputs. For the rest, see the datasheet.
- What is the type of connectors (RCA, Jack, XLR ...)? TRS and XLR
- The parametric equalizer is it? yes
- The effects section is it integrated? Yes ...
- - The general configuration is it simple? enough. It takes a little time to understand the logic of the console, but you get done.
- The usual functions are they easily accessible? ergonomics is perfect, we feel it is a culmination of all the tests in the Tascam digital offspring of 8000, 4000
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ... The manual is very well done in french. There are some major bugs such as the fact activate the Auto Fader module select to run the automation. This is not specified in the manual without using the Tascam SAV in France is not far from the nervous breakdown. The rest is perfect, there is a separate instruction manual for automation and a general for the console.
- - The A / D and D / A are transparent? The sound of this console is excellent. It seems that there are still guys who buy SSL? Big mistake!
- Effects and filters are effective? Yes
- The dynamics are respected? ... Yes.
- Overall Opinion
- - How long have you use it? It's been two months now and it is a treat. I took two to get a max of channels for cheap: only problem cascade mode is not implemented on this version and it will take the 1.20 for it in motion. the trick to bypass by connecting the output of an AES input on the other.
- What is so special that you like most and least? The more the number of channels in digital interfaces are automatically included in the console, no option to work: Motu interfaces with opportunities in the PC, you can connect three without flinching. hop and 24 tracks at once.
The Less (1): the screen is too small and a little info and provided it is sometimes difficult to read everything. A connection on a flat screen 17 'would have been ideal.
The least (2): monitoring of MTC with Logic 5.5 on a computer connected in midi is erratic. We can not be trusted: the table is a shot ahead of five seconds, once it is late 3. It is problematic to synchronize the automation. Fortunately, the full moon days, it works, then it's time to make his mix!
- Have you tried many other models before buying it? I tried everything and I do not regret having waited this Tascam, I think for the price, there is no better today.
- How would you rate the quality / price? Excellent for the console. Only the Vu meter band is a bit expensive: around 750 euros.
- With experience, you do again this choice? ... Without hesitation. This console is full arch, very good sound. I qq problems with word clock sync, but everything should work out with the acquisition of a central clock. The rest is impeccable: 96 channels in total for 8000 euros, which could be better.