Create an account

or

Thread TheMenBehind with a new song/mix

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 TheMenBehind with a new song/mix
Hi, its me again

I have a new rough mix and would appreciate any help on the mix - thanks in advance

Mark

here:

http://www.callasong.de/mp3/35028/Close_to_the_Edge.mp3
Hi Mark-

This one sounds pretty good mix wise. I wish the bass had a little more punch to it.

My biggest comment is that there is SOMETHING in the low frequencies that is resonating (I think it might be an acoustic guitar) on the right side of the mix. It's annoying, because the resonance is pronounced enough to work against the bass/drum groove. It was especially noticable in the intro. It sounds like it may be the box of an acoustic guitar resonating sympathetically to something else in the room. The frequency is pretty low for an acoustic, but I think that's what it is.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Thanx Mike!

I will have a look for the frequency... :-))

Mark
hi,

i have done some tweaks on the track

http://www.callasong.de/mp3/35028/Close_to_the_Edge_hifi.mp3

cheers

mark
Hi Mark-

Looks like you got rid of that resonance I was talking about. In that respect, the mix sounds better, but for some reason the bass sounds really distorted and flabby now. Not sure what you did to it, but I think it needs some work. I know I said the bass needed more punch, but what I had in mind was more in the 600-1000khz range, rather than on the low end, which sounds like it may be what you changed.

I'd keep working it. This is a cool tune. What are you mixing with for speakers? And how do you have them placed, both within the room and in relative position to where you're mixing from? It could be that your mixing environment is leading you astray!! It sounds like you have the ear and the chops for doing the job, I just wonder if maybe your monitor setup isn't lying to you. :shock:
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD