or
Create an account

or

Thread Recording Distorted Electric Guitars

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Recording Distorted Electric Guitars
I play metal, so i use a lot of distortion on my guitar. However, when I play, the sound of the pick hitting the string is really loud. When I record, it is even more noticeable. I record by plugging directly into my computer and using Amplitube to model an amp sound (which works really well). Is there any way that I can get rid of that awful sound of the pick striking the strings? The distortion I add to my line exaggerates the sound of the picking even more, and when I record it stands out so much. I've tried picks of various thickness and tried striking the strings at different angles. Nothing seems to work. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at joezito@hotmail.com. Thanks!
There are various things that you need to look at. first and foremost check that your pickup on your guitar iin't raised to high. this will pickup the attack of the string alot less when it is lowered to a good height. Some people raise their pickup just because it boosts the overall level of your instrument but it also picks up some unwanted things. Also are you using a compressor on the guitar? If so sometimes that "scratch" can be reduced by reducing the Attack on the compressor. Hope this helps

METAL RULZ!!!