or
Create an account

or

Thread Acoustics for my room

• 5 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Acoustics for my room
I was wondering what kind of fabric is the best for adding acoustics to the room. I need something thats cheap and looks desent. Im going towards velvet but there are many kinds. Some are 100% cotton some are a mix odf cotton and nylon. which one is better.
I suggest you to buy that thing that is used in studios. I don't know how is called in english. It is made of small pyramids. It cost about 20euros per m2 in europ. It is quite expensive but it is great.

If you want cheap material but is doesnt look decent and it's not very good get somewhere some egg boxes :)
im gonna have both blankets and acoustic foam. I think that should be enough to add acoustics. its gonna be a seperate part of my room which is about 100 square feet. Does anyone know if it s too small or big?
Your question is much bigger than you are aware of, and I think you mean that you want to acousticaly treat your room. One would need a lot more info to give you really good advice, but in short your best bet is going to be rigid fiberglass covered with pourous natural fiber fabrics. One commen type of rigid fiberglass is Owens Corning 703 and cost about $5 for a 2 foot by 4 foor panel in the US.

In your small room you will certainly have bass problems which are far more expensive to fix.
[quote="One commen type of rigid fiberglass is Owens Corning 703 and cost about $5 for a 2 foot by 4 foor panel in the US.

In your small room you will certainly have bass problems which are far more expensive to fix.[/quote]

The company Realtraps makes awesome acoustic treatment made from rigid fiberglass. I bought 4 minitraps for the corners of my home studio and they really helped clear up some bad reflections. I plan to buy four more when I have the money.

Shown Here:
http://www.proaudiotoys.com/Store/catalog.aspx?catId=301032
I used that pink rigid foam in 3x8 foot sheets that they sell at Home Depot, the name of which escapes me right now it says Dow Corning on it in 1" thickness velcroed to the walls as a sound absorber and I have Auralex bass traps in the corners. In my iso booth I have put up a layer of retangular sleeping bags and bedspreds stuffed with Hollofill® or something similar from Goodwill Inc. Purveyer of fine sound treatments at cheap prices. Then gone to Home Depot and purchased a 20" x 30" painters muslin dropcloth and cut that up to fit the walls and booth. It looks nice and my mixes sound (Mackie Hr824) very close to my house, computer, and car speakers.