Create an account

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • moosersmoosers

Taylor GA3-12Published on 11/30/10 at 19:25
    The Taylor GA3-12 is a 12 string acoustic guitar, made in the good old US of A. It's strictly an acoustic, meaning there are no electronics on this guitar. I don't know exactly what kinds of materials the guitar is made out of, but when you're dealing with a Taylor you know you're getting the finest parts and woods available. The guitar has about 21 frets as well...

The Taylor GA3-12 wasn't as easy to play as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, but no means is a difficult 12 string to play, but for the price I was expecting something a lot smoother. When compared to most 12 string guitars it plays quite well, but I've definitely played some cheaper 12 strings that I thought were easier to play. Maybe it was the set up on this particular guitar.

The sound of the Taylor GA3-12 is extremely bright. It's by no stretch of the imagination a bad sounding 12 string guitar, but for me I prefer a sound that's a bit more full bodied and a bit less tinny than this. Again, perhaps it was just this guitar or maybe the strings were new, but I was definitely expecting a bit more depth than what I heard from the GA3-12. In general Taylor guitars are bright, so as always it's a personal preference thing when you get to these higher end guitars.

While the Taylor GA3-12 is definitely a nice overall 12 string acoustic guitar, I think it's overpriced. For $1300 US dollars I was expecting something a lot more lush sounding and for it to play better than most other 12 strings that I've used before. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high, but considering that it's a Taylor and that it costs this steep price, I really don't think I'm asking all that much. I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there who will love this guitar, and I can't argue with personal preference, but for me I know I could find a 12 string that I like better than this for half the price or less. At least do yourself the favor of doing some serious shopping around in lower and comparable price ranges before picking this guitar up.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)