Pioneer DJM-T1 Firmware Update
The Pioneer DJM-T1 firmware update introduces Advanced Shift, described as a 'gateway to more advanced features' with 75 new controls using a second Shift layer on the mixer, which is designed to almost triple the number of MIDI controls.
The Advanced Shift firmware update adds a new, third layer of control to the unit. DJs can customise 220 Traktor Scratch Duo 2 features and parameters directly from the mixer, without going into the software settings or touching the mouse.
Advanced Shift is designed to double the availability of some of the key Traktor functions. There are four FX Banks. The usual four Hot Cues and Loops can become eight. Plus Advance Shift brings controls such as Master Tempo, individual Sample clip volume control, Grid and Cue editing along with functions like Record.
Key functions enabled by Advanced Shift include:
- Control over to two more FX Banks: DJM-T1 users could assign a total of six sound FX across two banks. But with Advanced Shift mode you can control and assign another two FX banks in Traktor Pro, meaning a total of 12 effects can be assigned and controlled from the mixer.
- Double the number of Hot Cues: Both decks now offer a total of eight Hot Cues and related Loops, and there’s control to move the play head around for Hot Cue placement.
- Access and input Traktor grid information: It’s now possible to access the advanced settings panel for Grid, Cues and Move, directly from the controller and DJs can correct some basic Grid functions, which are useful for the Sync function.
- Adjust individual Sample Deck volumes and modes: In addition to switching samples between One Shot, Loop mode, and adjusting overall Sample Deck volume, Advanced Shift makes it possible to adjust each Sample Slot volume.
- Start/Stop recording
- Turn Master Tempo ON/OFF
- Browse your Favourites
- Browse with page scrolling
- Return to the start of the track
- Increase/Decrease the waveform zoom level
- View the advanced deck panel display
- Scroll forward or backward through tracks with the Seek function.
Check out Pioneer for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Mixvibes Cross 1.6 MixVibes say that they have improved the design of their collection tool and the media management systems in Cross.
- Denon DN-SC2000 Firmware Update Denon announces a firmware update for its DN-SC2000 controller for Traktor Pro.
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 Native Instruments today announced Traktor Kontrol S2, a DJ performance system based on a compact version of the Kontrol S4 hardware.