Waves H-EQ is a hybrid equalizer, featuring vintage and modern EQ.
Inspired by British and American consoles, it has seven different filter types per band, including an asymmetrical bell filter; a keyboard graphic that lets you choose frequencies by clicking on notes; an MS Mode so you can apply different EQ to Mid and Side content; and a real-time frequency spectrum analyzer with multiple display options.
- Seven filter types per band: US Vintage, UK Vintage 1, UK Vintage 2, US Modern, UK Modern, Digital 1 and Digital 2
- Asymmetrical bell filter
- MS matrix mode: Apply different EQ to Mid and Side content
- Keyboard graphic: Choose frequencies by clicking on notes
- Real-time frequency spectrum analyzer
- Input Fader controls the signal input level.
- EQ Modes Stereo/Linked, Dual/Unlinked, MS Mode
- EQ Filters: HP, LF, LMF, MF, HMF, HF, LP
- Analog Type toggles between analog characteristic types.
- Analog Level controls the level of the combined noise and hum.
- THD Level controls the level of harmonic distortion added to the signal
- Keyboard lets you choose frequencies by clicking on notes.
- Analyzer presents a real-time graphical display of your input signal, output signal or both, as well as the EQ curve.
- Analyzer In displays the input signal, post-input fader.
- Analyzer Out displays the output signal, post-output fader.
- L/M turns on the display of the left side only in Stereo mode, or the M in M/S mode.
- R/S turns on the display of the right side only in Stereo mode, or the S in M/S mode.
- Freeze stops the frequency graph.
- Peak Hold stops the frequency graph at its highest peak point.
- Analyzer Scale displays the energy level measured by the analyzer.
- EQ Scale displays the EQ curve being applied to the signal.
- Band Markers allow you to manipulate the EQ bands using the band markers.
- Output fader controls signal output level.
- Phase flips the phase of the signal by 180 degrees.
- Trim displays the maximum peak level of the output signal and its distance from 0 dBFS.
Check out Waves for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Infinite Skills 10-Hour Pro Tools 9 Tutorial Course A new 9.5-hour training video series produced by Infinite Skills is presented by Joe Godfrey, an educator, composer and sound design professional who has done work for commercials, television and film.
- Prime Loops Hyper Vocals “Hyper Vocals” comes with 127 vocal samples separated into four chapters to give you a range of different sounds and phrases.
- Best Service Hip Hop & RnB Producer Pack 2 Hip-Hop & RnB Producer Pack 2 is a tool for urban productions of all types.