Pioneer DJM-2000 Firmware Update Available
Pioneer have released a firmware update for the DJM-2000 designed to add new features and improve performance.
- Improved Beat Effect *1 accuracy with the addition of the Quantize function
The Quantize function*2 has been added which automatically corrects beat effect to play on-beat using the beat position information as analyzed in rekordbox music management software. You can obtain beat position information and BPM information for songs from a Pro DJ Link compatible Pioneer DJ player*3 by connecting the player to your DJM-2000 via LAN cable. Then, even if you miss the input timing for an effect while you are DJing, the effect will be adjusted automatically to the analyzed beat position, allowing you to apply effects on-beat, according to Pioneer.
- Updated reverb function for dynamic song arrangement
The Reverb Beat Effect has been updated. In addition to the length of the reverb effect, you can now adjust the openness of the simulated space at the same time. This is designed to increase the strength of the effect and allows you to dynamically arrange songs as you mix them during your DJ performance.
- Broadened Noise adjustment range to increase the volume of noise that you can mix into your songs
Pioneer broadened the adjustment range for the Noise Inst FX*4 to increase the maximum output volume for this effect. This is designed to allow you to add sufficient NOISE even to songs that are at a high volume. Maximum volume of the oscillator" and sample in Sidechain Remix ?5 has also been increased as well.
- Updated filter function for quick effect performance
Pioneer has changed the filter beat effect, so that when you turn the level knob for the effect all the way to the left, the Filter function turns off and only the source audio is output. This allows you to turn the filter effect on and off for effect performance.
*1 An effect that is applied in time with the beat (BPM) of the song.
*2 Only for songs analyzed by rekordboxTM.
*3 For CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 with the firmware ver. 4.00 or higher installed.
*4 An effect applied manually to each channel output sound, unlike a beat effect.
*5 Side chain remixs an effect created using the multi-touch panel, with the selected channel sound input as a trigger,
Check out Pioneer Europe for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Avid Torq 2.0.2 Avid has released version 2.0.2 of Torq, the DJ performance software for Windows and Mac.
- Pioneer DDJ-T1 Bundled with Traktor 2 Pioneer announces the inclusion of the Native Instrument Traktor 2 software with its DDJ-T1 controller, an update to the previous Traktor software included with the system.
- Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2 Review Having reviewed the Traktor Kontrol S4 at the end of 2010, I got an email from Native Instruments in early April offering me a free upgrade for Traktor Pro 2. The differences between both S4 and PRO 2 versions are not so big as you'll see in this review, however there is an important gap between the previous Traktor version and the upcoming Traktor 2.