Everything you need for controller anything! Includes joystick, really handy to control 2 (X & Y) or 4 (left / right and up / down) parameters of a finger.
I even think that it is possible to send each value to a different MIDI channel.
- What connector (MIDI pedals ...)?...
Again it all. Note that the two are actually wearing out: Outa = Out and outb = (Thru hybrid). But it leaves something to adapt to all situations Kontrol.
They thought of everything from Korg.
I put 10, it deserves it!
- The touch keyboard is it fun? Should your use?
For a pianist, it's like pedaling in the air. The keyboard opposes a very small force and very linear. It could be an inconvenience, but personally it does not bother me. Most virtual instruments that I have Kontrol driver with synths, so the sound is in line with touch. If I want more expression, I use my digital piano. The keyboard still respond to velocity and provides very fine 9 velocity curves.
- The general configuration is it simple?
It may be easier dificil. Everything is done to navigate.
Installation is hassle-free.
Then six buttons, an encoder and a main LCD can do all the work of configuaration. Hard to go wrong. Now if the key combination to configure your way, Korg provides software configuration, and again it's clean, simple, ergonomic and efficient. All done with the mouse and transfer it all on the Kontrol once satisfied. What could be better?
- The selection of MIDI channels, patches is easy?
Again it is simple and powerful. Since one can choose any MIDI channel for each control. And it is simple to implement!
The selection of different scenes is also very quick and easy. It is pressed the stage, you tap on one of the 12 pads to recall a particular configuration, then release the button stage, one can check the name of the scene on the small screen of the primary endpoint and cancel if you do not want change.
- The manual is clear and sufficient?
The manual is very detailed, in french and very clear.
But given the ease of use of Kontrol, this manual is primarily used as a reference manual, to find a particular function.
Everything is there and it's really nice to open a manual to find an answer to his question.
I put 9, because I find the fader a bit fragile in appearance.
- How long have you use it?
I used a few days ago and it has become indispensable in my configuration.
- What is so special that you like most and least?
+ Simple programming
+ Editing Software Settings
+ Layout of controls
+ The colors that help in the identification of a control
+ Pads, even if they are not very large, are very pleasant to handle and respond well to vélcité
+ Infinite possibilities in the configuration. There is a solution to all configurations.
- The joystick is very convenient, very sensitive, very accurate, but too small. It must be handled gently, which is not obvious when we went in a trip to hell!
- The wheels of pitch bend and modulation are not very practical to handle. They are caught between the covers and suddenly you can not handle that from the top. Maybe it's just a matter of habit, but handling seems to me not intuitive and practical.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I tested the controller Behringer BCN44: user manual nonexistent programming too complicated.
The UF7 CME: nice touch, nullisime programming, ergonomics absent, controls too close together, but seems more robust.
- How would you rate the quality / price?
It was worth the money (€ 350). I think it's well worth with regard to its possibility, its simplicity. It has a Korg quality in terms of support, drivers, reference manual and compatibility.
- With experience, you do again this choice?
I Refer this choice with his eyes closed.