Guild AD-3CE

Channel 20 cases in three parts glued
Trussroad double action
Radius 20 "
Inlays "points" pearl
Rosewood veneer on the head
Mechanical oil bath (long stroke)
Fishman preamp (Piezo sensor)
Intégrté tuner
Volume
Low
Treble
Notch
Phase

Comes in its case "Polyform" brand

The neck is thin, satin varnish slides perfectly and gives a very pleasant feeling to the touch. The cutaway offers easy access to acute.
The shape and weight of the guitar surprise anyone
(This is the classic Dreadnought!)
We quickly at ease on this girl who exudes an impression of quality. The satin finish is pleasant to touch and come support this feeling of well-being that this guitar

The lady is mounted in bronze 12-56 factory and offers a well-balanced sound for me.
It releases a lot of safe despite the cutaway, with its arched back
(Arcos series).
The highs are well defined without reaching the side of Cristalin Taylor.
The projection of this guitar does not require the plug when playing alone at home. Natural sound enough to alert neighbors on our activity time ;)
I put 9 for his opinion because this is subjective and I have not tested all the guitars on the market in this range ...

I bought this guitar in December 2012
I tried many other models from Guild (D 140, D 150, GAD 40 etc ...)
but none of these guitars has convinced me except for their appearance
I tried a Martin D28, Taylor for a surprising Tanglewood TW15H (nice finish, projection and incredible bass!)
Then I stumbled on this store AD-3 CE NAT ...
And there ... very, very nice surprise!

This guitar is the ideal compromise between the models I tested (I said to my ears)
I do not like the side too crystalline and Taylor after the fact, severe Tanglewood seemed too present (risk of fatigue after a while?)
D28 enjoying a well deserved reputation certainly seemed too bland, issue (bad) taste?

I like:
The ergonomic touch (ah matt varnish!) And its (better) this Guild
Simple but superb finish of the headstock, the mechanical long stroke and very firm to the touch
The well in this serious but not without brilliance still
The handle rather late and very comfortable
The rosewood veneer on the head, although narrower than heads typical of the brand (which I prefer but again this is personal)
The magnificent bridge carved bone
The shape of the pick guard that ends well the appearance of the guitar
The overall finish of the guitar that exudes quality

I like:
The preamp visible on the strap (it ruins the aesthetic of an acoustic, but need to know what you want)
The corners of the nut somewhat angular head that will "scratch" the fingers before being polished slightly
The action high (typical Guild) will require a small adjustment to make the game more comfortable ...
It seems to me ... however, not abused to regulate and examine the price of a guitar by a professional
The Polyform case at the expense of a beautiful flycase Deluxe Gibson type (detail)

I would do this choice without hesitation as I am overwhelmed by the guitar great value for money