Martin & Co DCPA1
Pucelle_Dabidjan Pucelle_Dabidjan

«  Early Father Martin »

Publié le 03/25/11 à 09:24
The guitar is in the series and performing artists gathers all the components of a good Martin. On paper, the wood selection is meant seriously. A solid spruce top, the sides and back and an Indian rosewood binding in ovangkol. An ebony bridge, a lot of good mechanical and a system of good quality preamp just finish the package already flattering.

The overall work is good. Perfectly normal, without achieving the kind of references. Only the back, poorly assembled and exposes the glue, spoils the whole. Another manufacturer would not have left out a guitar in this state. Given the price, it's bad. The rest of the finish, but not spectacular saves the correct note.

The handle, Profile D, with an average width and thickness of a thin, appears well finished. No work will be on adjusting to do on this instrument. I note also a good integration of the frets. The cutaway provides easy access to acute and the heel does not show itself in this embarrassing exercise, but I had a little trouble finding my bearings. Falling often next to the box. Large markers do not facilitate in any direction on the stick, they are hard to distinguish and you get lost easily.

This guitar is not easy to play either. We must understand by this that it requires a very good finger placement and a precise touch. Approximations are transcribed in almost immediate suffocation.

The touch is a bit hard. It is a major weakness of the instrument, although he qualified in the transcript shows, is being hampered by a firm in the string action quite important. This is especially noticed in the game at the top of the handle (near the table so sorry ... but sometimes I catch myself not being clear) ^ ^. This handicaps the expressive playing.

I, for cons, no advice to give on the preamp. I have not tested it, trying to sound mostly empty.

The overall tone of the instrument are very very good. One character a bit offensive. The sound is rich and complex shows. With a nice clarity, quite unique in all frequencies and a medium with a very clean and a beautiful grain. All without falling into the garish or too cool. My point is also put out in the "body guitars with rosewood back and sides. The freshness of a maple guitar is never reached.

I also note a strong power may be among the best of what I heard. The sound is needed, without penalty, and develops all its details without failing or musical merit. It's beautiful. Too bad the game a bit hard when you come up the handle a little spoiling the expressiveness of the instrument. For me, also in this category, it costs him one point clear.

A good guitar for anyone looking for a serious instrument. But with few defects / particularities, it will appreciate. Overall I can advise.

I take these lines to address a major arms dealer to honor Martin & Co for Switzerland, this guitar sells 62% more expensive than in the U.S. (2747 sfr: usa / sfr 4450: HP)