Takamine EGS430SC
Takamine EGS430SC
jloxxi jloxxi
Publié le 12/26/07 à 02:20
See previous reviews.
The table is solid cedar and rosewood fingerboard.
Mine is equipped with the TK40 preamp (Volume + 3-band EQ), but I think that there is now a version with a TK40T (even with the tuner and more)

Mine had a slight manufacturing defect. Over the years the wood has changed and the fault has become a real handicap to play after the fifth box.
The angle of the handle from the body (heel) was not enough.
The table has slightly excavated at the bridge and the other a + action has become very high.
It took a luthier lowers the bridge and now it is again very enjoyable to play (while remaining a guitar that requires a good grip)
So to buy, be careful up to the ropes and then not to abuse (I think that's what I did), the table is sensitive to temperature and humidity. (Maybe the wood was he too young?)

I do not use amp.
I play mostly French music in arpeggio. (Type Cabrel, Eicher, ...)
Since I tried other guitars, I appreciate his good projection without the plug.
Thanks to its Jumbo and the table raw (varnish), she manages to support the voice in arpèrge.
For cons, I agree with the previous opinion, it is unbalanced. Especially with a pick.
and it must connect and use the equalizer to make up for that.

I've had 5 / 6 years.
I love the form (very comfortable) and powerful sound.
I like less the presence of too much treble.
I have not tried a lot before buying.
I admit, I too rely on the brand and less to my ears.
But since I tried another and I have not found the same volume.
I think the upgrade to a slightly more upscale but more expensive.
I think it is a very good price / quality ratio for an electro-acoustic with solid top.
It's a good guitar unplugged and plugged it provides a large.
(I did the scene with the sound engineer and has had no complaints (no feedback, balance easy))
A remake? I certainly try further but I would do maybe the same choice because of the good quality / price ratio.
Above all, I'd much attention. (Cover, temperature, shock, etc ...)