Yamaha TransAcoustic pianos officially launched
Yamaha announces the availability of its new TransAcoustic hybrid pianos, a new series that features an upright and a grand pianos.
The new Yamaha TransAcoustic pianos are real acoustic instruments equipped with two technologies specially developed by the brand: the Silent technology allows for playing silently with headphones and avoids the hammering on the strings but uses instead samples that are amplified by the piano itself ; and the TransAcoustic technology that uses the soundboard as a natural amplifier. The built-in sound generator uses two transducers and a coil that are connected to the soundboard to transform the message into vibrations and generate a natural piano sound.
Both TransAcoustic upright and grand pianos feature volume and tone controls (from a concert grand based on the CFX model to electronic pianos, marimba, clavinet…), and an orchestration playback function.
- 88 resin keys
- 3 pedals: damper, silencing, soft
- V-Pro Frame by Yamaha
- 19 voices (16 single and 3 dual)
- 480 XG voices and 12 drum/SFX kits for accompaniment
- 256 voices of polyphony
- 4 reverb types (room, 2 halls and stage)
- 56 song presets
- Pitch control
- MIDI recording and playback
- USB audio recorder
- 2 headphone outputs
- MIDI in/out
- 1/8” Aux in/out
- USB port
The U1TA upright piano has dimensions of 153 x 121 x 61 cm and weighs 242 kg. Its EU suggested price is 12 531€ incl. VAT.
The GC1SHTA dimensions are 149 x 101 x 161 cm and its weight is 311 kg. Its EU price is 24 481€ incl. taxes.
Visit yamaha.com for more details about the new TransAcoustic technology.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Bösendorfer SP 155 Grand Bösendorfer's new SP 155 Grand was on display on Yamaha's booth at the NAMM show.
- [NAMM] Yamaha C6XA & C3XA Yamaha adds the 6’1” C3XA and the 7’ C6XA to its line of Conservatory Grand Pianos at Winter NAMM 2012.
- [NAMM] Yamaha DCFX Disklavier Mark IV Pro The Disklavier Pro Series includes technologies including a Sound Muting System, XG instrument tone generation, MIDI and PC connections, a SmartKey play-assist system, expanded memory, and a pocket remote control.