ADAM Audio S2A
ADAM Audio S2A

Active Monitor from ADAM Audio belonging to the S series.

jfherts jfherts
Publié le 06/11/09 à 04:40
See manufacturer

Frequency curve relatively neutral. They descend qd mm up to 35 Hz!
What I like is that they overestimate the grave: they are present, just present ... Neat and precise (which surprised me enough for small boxes like that).
Rubicon R6A I had before, and to assay the bass, I was almost forced to walk in the room to find my "benchmarks" to gauge the strength of the lower (sub). This is not the case here. At the clew, it was a good spectral balance.
Highs in the series of "S" are, I think, very beautiful. Glitter and not tiring.
What I reproached my Rubicon was the fact that they were too sweet (the whistling did not spend much). Here, the sibilants are "just". The aggressiveness of the guitars and cymbals are feeling well.

The lower midrange is not as highlighted as Dynaudio for example, but personally I like it. The warm voice sound "hot" without slobbering. Ditto for acoustic guitars, sax, etc. ... It's round but accurate. I love that aspect.

Question accurately, I rediscovered once + my CD. We hear the defects blockbusters, the slightest "tick" is perceived. They give a lot of "potato." Very nice. Right mix of reverb too. Very good stereo image and good depth. The final mixes keep the road is the main thing. Fewer surprises while listening in the car :-)

The only drawback for me is perhaps a lack of slamming into 1kHz (the snap of Dynaudio that I appreciate for those who know). Otherwise nothing to say about the price and ... their size!

I put 9 / 10 because nothing is perfect ... If one chicane, there is always something wrong with

I chose them for their size and potential. The room in which I work is not very great, and they fit perfectly.
I like a little less personally Genelec, but I quite liked the sound of Dynaudio BM6A. With S2, it was a good compromise: bas-médiums/graves securely in place, accurate and not too flattering name, mid / high precise, defined and relatively mild.

The price at which I've had, I am very satisfied.
In the long term, Sub will be welcome, but it is great to work with.

Currently, up to new models ... SX