Behringer Truth B2030A
Behringer Truth B2030A

Active Monitor from Behringer belonging to the Truth series.

NayaTattoo NayaTattoo
Published on 01/31/12 at 04:25
BI-Amplified Monitors 110w
XLR balanced inputs and Jack6.35
Corrective response in gain and frequency serious and acute.
I use them in home studio.
Very satisfied for the price.

Absolutely disagree with BPM-School!
At this price it still has a real working tools.
They sound just fine to mix, even recordings.
Like any studio monitor is a tool intended to have a listen linear (as neutral as possible) In contrast to HI-FI listening that will widen and swell with here and there some parts of spectrum and by phasing games provide a "vent" or "spacialisation" listened to the sound. A little disappointment felt then when we go on the monitor, but you know what we want to hear!
Many factors have to operate any monitoring system (resonance of the room, speaker placement, etc. ...).
In my case I initially treated my listening room and work placement (mean much here already and the difference is not begin to operate the system!). Then, after analysis, I put a 2x31 band EQ between my console and monitors.
The result:
a well defined, a very neutral response (markers on the back are not there for nothing!), although the bass is indeed a difficult to treat without a filter with box (like any speaker of this size!) they are still good and they have little, if one is not hyper require sufficiency of B2030A without cabinet.
My sound then mix very well on most systems.

I use them for 3 years. I have their big sisters B2031. When I listen to my mixes on one or the other almost no difference (except in the grave. 2031 gives a more accurate and serious size do not require housing to be precise).
I used daily had no trouble operating.
Likes: mini size, their sound for the price (between 170 and € 230 Used pair), markers on the back.
I like least is the lack of volume (a 6db attenuator general only in the back), the location of the connectors (which requires a difficult gymnastics if you disconnect and reconnect often).

price / quality ratio excellent.
At that price I much prefer other small models of other brands.