[NAMM] Fluid audio adds Bluetooth to its monitors
Fluid Audio introduced at NAMM 2015 two new powered monitors for home and studio equipped with Bluetooth connectivity.
The new Fluid Audio C5BT and BT5 monitors are intended for different situations: the first for low-budget users for listening, gaming and home theater, while the second are mainly designed as home studio monitors. They are also more expensive.
Both models are equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, with support for the aptX codec that allows for wireless transmission of stereo audio with a lower resolution but without latency nor quality loss (384 kbit/s at 16/48 kHz with MP3, AAC and FLAC format support).
The monitors are sold in pairs, one of which hosts the Bluetooth pairing, input selection and volume control.
Details of the C5BT:
- 5” woofer
- 1” PEI tweeter mounted on a waveguide
- Frequency response: 54 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 4.5 kHz
- 2x20W bi-amplifier
- Signal/noise ratio > 90 dB A-weighted
- Sensitivity: 85 dB A SPL / 97 dB SPL max
- MDF bass reflex enclosure with rounded rear port
- Inputs: unbalanced RCA, balanced TRS for subwoofer and Toslink optical
- Protections; RF interference, current limiting, overheat, transient and subsonic filter
- Dimensions: 256 x 175 x 193mm
- Weight: 4.3 kg / pair
- 5” woofer
- 1” silk dome tweeter with waveguide
- 5.8 GHz wireless connection between the master and slave monitors
- Each monitor has its own amplifier
- 100W output
- Frequency response: 48 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio > 100 dB A-weighted
- Sensitivity: 95 dB A / 101 dB SPL max
- Controls: Bluetooth pairing, input selection, EQ and 8 LEDs for input and power status
- USB.2.0 class compliant 24 bit / 96 kHz ; also serves for charging a device (5V, 2.1 A)
- 24-bit / 96 kHz Toslink input
- TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs
- RCA subwoofer output
- Protections: RF interference, current limiter, overheat, transient and subsonic filter
- MDR enclosure with front port
- Dimensions: 256 x 174 x 193mm
- Weight: 8.6 kg/pair
- Included remote control
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] The SSL VHD Pre in 500 format SSL announced at NAMM the release in March of the API 500 version of its VHD Pre solid-state mic preamp.
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Peavey PV AT mixers Peavey and Antares collaborated this year to design a new series of mixers with built-in Auto-Tune automatic pitch correction.
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Roland MX-1 Here is a presentation, at the Roland booth at NAMM 2015, of the new digital mixer MX-1 in the Aira Series.