Focal PointThese monitor speakers ought to be of interest to mobile home studio owners or people who have a very small room to play or mix music. Following the Focal CMS 65 and CMS 50, the CMS 40 is even smaller but not less appealing... Read more…
Focal CMS 40 tech. sheet
Added in our database on: 03/24/2010
We have no technical specifications for this product but your help will be much welcomed
I was looking for one second of listening Contrle that is more portable and so much space. Perfectly used this ct l.
Rglables of feet, carpets to match. 2 corrections bass / treble shelving.
It is not neutral if we take into account what happens under 60Hz. L is the ing. For the rest it is the killing.
Besides the serious everything is perfectly intelligible. The kick slamming dry but good. For small pieces like mine is perfect. The woofer is top. Good transient greasy.
They only let anything, a strong point. Sound compact hair. A super tweeter. Not too prescriptive and very sweet.
No coloring of the subwoofer.
They made me a strong impression. Little tendency to saturate high volume for the rest hat.
Super manufacture, they exude quality.
Easily transportable, it goes in the bag.
An excellent tool.
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Massimino's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
I use them in a home studio in a secondary area smaller than my main and go with a mac book pro studio.
I tried many before choosing the model. Do not look in the category of "small" monitor is a must.
However, they are a little expensive but worth the effort. The sound is clear, flawless dynamic and broadly neutral frequencies.
I use them for 6 months for the mix. I remake that choice without prob to use as I do.
A fault: The volume knob is notched and can therefore adjust the volume of a perfect speaker to speaker. (Difference in volume at the same screen on both speakers)
- They are quite mobile even if they are a bit heavy for its size (which is reassuring).
- The On / Off and volume before, this is quite handy. Damage than other brands do not do this forever.
- I put output converters RME excellent.
- There is a focal bag (sold separately) very reliable for carry around. They also have their gates to protect woofer and tweeter.
- The frequency curve is very neutral, since I've realized that I have a lot of competing brands sounded very hifi, with treble and bass very flattering, hollow midrange.
- The midrange frequencies are quite impressive.
- Curve stereo is excellent!
- Obviously there is practically no bass, mids and lows are not 100% reliable, but it is not his job.
I needed to listen in small studio that I could also lug across mobile studio. They do their job perfectly, not tiring at all I can work over a very long time!
I control my bass mix with headphones custom one pro Beyer and sometimes a pair of genelec 1038.
€ 599 purchased new I do not regret, moreover they are at 670 the pair now!