M-Audio D2 Series
The BX D2 series monitors—comprised of the BX8 D2 and BX5 D2 models— feature a new look.
http://www.gearjunkies.com/view_image.php?id=13977The BX D2 Series features:
- Technology leveraged from high-end M-Audio monitors, designed to provide "enhanced acoustic performance, especially in the low-frequency range"
- Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters, designed to provide "rich, defined bass and smooth, clear highs"
- The BX8 D2 features an 8” woofer and 130 watts of distributed power and the BX5 D2 is equipped with a 5” woofer and features 70 watts of distributed power
- Optimized rear port, designed to provide extended low-frequency response
Availability & Pricing:
The BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 are available in EMEA now for £215 GBP / €255 EUR and £319 / €379, respectively.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.