• Increase or decrease font size
-Livingroom- 04/14/2014

M-Audio M3-8 : -Livingroom-'s user review

«  Works very well for its price. »

Motivated my choice: the features / price ratio, the integrated amp, the 3-way speakers, size and power, eq each speaker (even if in the end I use very rarely) I do serve with home studio, coupled with a sub sbx 10.

And also the fact that the facade is made of wood (very dark, but wood anyway), it had its effect in a studio which is also a lounge, it's more aesthetic result.

What is certain is that the frequency curve is more neutral than my old speakers, I found the grave nice and firm not prominent, acute felted (probably due to the silk tweeter), which is quite nice actually, although a regular headset control is necessary in times of mix. In any case mediums are well defined, which is much more difficult on 2-way speakers. In contrast to the crossover points can feel a slight draft, but it's still very acceptable.

The stereo image is very good, and the dynamic range is also good.

I use them for 4-5 months, it took me time to adapt before posting a review worthy of the name. M-Audio have signed a product excellent value for money. I tried a lot of different quality models, and without going into unnecessary comparisons between Genelec Alesis and in the price range, these speakers are great.