M-Audio Ships CX5
M-Audio has announced it is now shipping its new Stuiophile CX5 active studio monitor.
The company says it has the following features:
- design integration > well-balanced sound with superior detail
- Acoustic Space controls > optimize frequency response for your room
- OptImage IV wave-guide > expanded, layered soundstage with large sweet spot
- 5-inch, Kevlar, low-frequency driver > full, tight bass
- 1.25-inch, silk-domed, high-frequency driver > clear highs
- 90 watts of dispersed power > extra headroom, minimal distortion
- internally braced cabinet > low transmission loss
- frequency response: 50Hz to 30kHz (+/- 3dB) (0 degrees, on tweeter axis)
- low-frequency response: -10dB at 40Hz
- low-frequency response: -3dB at 45Hz
- high-frequency response: -3dB at 30kHz on tweeter axis
- off-axis linear frequency response: spatially averaged +/-15º vertically, +/-30º horizontally
- rear-panel trim controls: high-frequency trim: +2dB, 0dB, -2dB above 3kHz
- mid-frequency boost in/out: 2dB centered at 2kHz with a low Q bandwidth
- low-frequency cutoff: flat, 80Hz and 100Hz
- acoustic space: 0dB, -2dB and -4dB above 200Hz
- crossover frequency: 2600Hz
- dimensions: 12” x 7.5” x 9”
- weight: 19 lbs
USD 399.95 MSRP.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] PSI Audio A214-M PSI introduced its new A214-M active monitor at this month's Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany.
- [Musikmesse] Charter Oak SCL1 The CharterOak SCL-1 Discrete Compressor Limiter is designed to provide a constant output level regardless of input level or frequency, without the familiar pumping and gasping effect that is inherent in most compressors and limiters.
- Sound Devices CL-2 Sound Devices has introduced the new CL-2 Boom Pole Remote Fader for the 788T.