Ian Boddy Waveforms Drumalogue
Waveforms is a series of downloadable sample libraries from Something Else Music Limited which is run by UK sound designer Ian Boddy.
The first 2 volumes from the Waveforms series - Airwaves and Radiophonica were released in November last year and now comes the release of the third library – Drumalogue.
This is a library of 1,000 analogue drum, percussion and one-shot hits not taken from vintage drum machines but hand crafted by Boddy on vintage analogue synths and modular systems, according to the company.
The sounds are described as a mixture of mono and stereo samples and some are said to have genuine analogue effects printed on them from spring reverbs, bucket brigade delays and phaser/flangers. This is designed to add up to a cornucopia of drum and percussion sounds that can be used in virtually any style of production.
Available in WAV format, the sounds are also mapped out in Kontakt 2 programs with a basic envelope and low-pass filter provided. These programs are presented in three different ways:
- The Audition programs present all the sounds per category with one sound per key starting at C1.
- The 18 Kit patches follow as closely as possible the General MIDI Percussion Key Map from B0 (Key35) to B2 (Key59) and provide a convenient way of playing some of the sounds as "drum kits".
- Finally there is a range of sounds key-mapped out in Patches. No other programming is included as the sounds themselves are "finished" and it is intended to give the customer the flexibility of adding their own effects and modulations if desired.
Listen to the demos and check out the full product spec at this page.
RRP: £24.95 (Download only).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Knobster Keywriter Knobster has announced the release of Keywriter, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows designed to reproduce the sounds of a German typewriter - "Erika".
- N-Track Studio Updated To v6.0.4 FASoft has updated n-Track Studio to v6.0.4.
- Cluster Sound Minus Morph Cluster Sound has launched Minus Morph, a sound tool designed for Minimal music productions and based on morphing techniques.