New MAD-Max powered monitors
Modern Audio, US importer for the ProAc brand, offers an alternative to the Studio 100 monitors which have been discontinued.
And the result is a new brand called Modern Audio Design (MAD) and a first nearfield monitor, the high-range MAD-Max. Note that unlike the Studio 100, these models are powered.
- Powered 2-way nearfield monitors
- 6.5“ Dynaweave composite cone bass driver with NeoBase magnet (NdFeB)
- 1“ silk diaphragm tweeter with neodymium magnet, rear chamber, ferrofluid cooler and aluminum heat-sink
- 180 W MOSFET bi-amplifier with over current and over voltage protections
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Impedance: 50 kOhms
- 56-bit double precision DSP for the filters
- 24-bit DA/AN converter coupled with op-amps
- CMOS Crystal Oscillator for the clock signals
- Neutrik balanced analog connections
- MAD-Link for future expansion and control
- Compatible with the VESA type D display supports
The MAD-Max monitors will first be available in the US only, for the price of $6,495 per pair, they should then be distributed worldwide. More info at www.madmonitors.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- -10% off Nocs products This week, you can get 10% off the Nocs headphones and monitors as well as free shipping fees.
- Trinnov D-MON integrated monitoring controllers French manufacturer Trinnov Audio Pro launches the D-MON Series, a new range of digital integrated monitoring processors for pro studios.
- New Trident 88 console series Trident moves upmarket with a new range of 5 analog mixing consoles that can be customized.