Yamaha HS50M
Yamaha HS50M

Active Monitor from Yamaha belonging to the HS series.

Des notes et du bruit Des notes et du bruit

«  Surely the best for 300 € »

Publié le 12/08/10 à 07:32
The purchase was done more on a test and reading several reviews on AudioFanzine, not really on the specifications.
I use them on a semi-professional level for my hobby as a composer.
They are already amplified and are the only speakers I work with.

They are fairly neutral (in my opinion), it is not at the level of small new Focal but there is &euro; 300 that separate the two. The sound is clear and they do not tire the ears too, bass response is present despite their small size (it is sure that if you look for a small sub kick well in the bass you need a box). I have been using

for several months before, I owned a pair of Prodipe pro 80 which have a very rough sound, it is too muffled for my taste, the difference in level is impressive, the Yamaha is much more precise .
The price / quality ratio is probably the best in the market in the range of 300 &euro;.
Today I think I'll wait to have a bigger budget and I would get the Focal CMS40.
With 300 &euro; in my pocket I would do this choice without hesitation.