2CAudio Aether v1.5.1 w/ Pro Tools RTAS
2CAudio has announced the release of version 1.5.1 of Aether, which includes RTAS support for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered users.
Aether 1.5.1 adds the following features:
- Full native RTAS support for all Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
- 150 new factory presets that are free for all users.
- New community-tested Classics presets inspired by classic hi-end hardware devices.
- Refinements to the preset Browser page to facilitate and expedite preset selection.
- Minor algorithm refinements and bug fixes.
- General enhancements to usability for various host and operating system combinations.
- Redesigned Windows installer system intended to facilitate concurrent use of 64-bit and 32-bit hosts.
Aether is a self-modulating algorithmic reverb designed to compete directly with both hardware and software reverbs.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- 64bit Host/OS Support.
- Band-Limited Interpolation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Offline Render Modes.
- Mid-Side Modes.
- Cascade Control.
- Complex Stereo Modes.
- 0-Sample Latency.
- Frequency Profiles.
- Flexible EQ/Filter Routing.
- Huge Parameter Value Ranges.
- Complex & Clustered IRs.
- Late Reflections Coloration.
- Comprehensive Preset Browser.
- Instant Algorithm Browsing.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Attack & Sustain Envelope.
- Variable Q Damping Decay Curve.
- Immediate Parameter Accessibility.
- Macro Controls.
- Discrete Early Reflections Engine.
- Comprehensive FX Presets.
Pricing & Availability
Aether is available for:
- Pro Tools HD and LE RTAS hosts running on Windows XP and Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Pro Tools HD and LE RTAS hosts running on OSX.4, OSX.5, and OSX.6.
- 32bit and 64bit VST hosts on Windows XP and Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (including both 32 & 64-bit plug-ins).
- Mac OS X VST and Audio Units hosts running on OSX.4, OSX.5, and OSX.6 (32-bit plug-in currently).
Aether has a MSRP of $249.95. All formats are included at this price. The Aether 1.5.1 update is free to existing users.
2CAudio also offers the Aether Integrity and Creativity Aether Preset Expansions, which are priced at $24.95 separately or $39.95 for both.
Orders are handled via download at the Galbanum web-store at this time. All products are available immediately.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?