Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle
Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle

Software algorithmic reverb from Lexicon belonging to the LXP series.

Publié le 11/03/10 à 17:13
The Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle brings the highly respected sound of Lexicon digital reverb right into your DAW! Lexicon has been a leader in digital reverb and other effects since the start, and this is one of the first plug-in bundles to feature their classic reverb algorithms. While not as versatile as the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle, there’s a ton that you can do with this software. I wasn’t the one to take care of installing this software on the studio’s systems that I work at, so I can’t comment on this process of getting the software running. Once you do have the plug-in up and running, which I can’t imagine would take long, then you can start diving into all of features this has to offer, which is really a nice amount. There are four different reverb algorithms to choose from – chamber, hall, plate, and room. Each has their own parameters and all that to work with, all of which get quite in depth and give you pretty much total control over the end result. A manual might be a good thing to hav around if you’re going to be sitting down and learning all the ins and outs of the software, although I have not seen it myself.

Even though this software is a Native version, the studios we’ve got on site where I work are all Pro Tools HD based. It’s a good thing that our computers are extremely powerful on there own and can handle their own native plug-ins as well when necessary as is the case here. The A room where I’ve primarily used the software has Pro Tools HD and a Mac Pro computer consisting of dual 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon processors and 10 GB of RAM. This huge amount of RAM makes it easy enough to run this software without hiccups in my experience.

Without a doubt the Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle is one of the best sounding plug-in reverbs that I’ve used to date. It’s comparable in it’s high sound quality to the PCM version of this bundle as it’s definitely of the same caliber. All of the algorithms are extremely clean cut sounding and the vast array of parameters given here allow for total control over what you hear back. I’m not sure that I could choose any one mode here, as they’re all great in their own ways even though I usually end up using the plate one. I don’t know what the difference in price is between the LXP and PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundles, but both are awesome reverb plug-ins that maybe matched out there but I’d be hard for me to say I’ve seen better…