Behringer SX3242FX analog mixer
BEHRINGER updates its EURODESK line of mixers with the new SX series of recording and live sound consoles. First to arrive are the SX2442FX twenty-four channel and SX3242FX thirty-two channel mixers. The SX series is designed to meet the needs of studio and live mixing applications, with a comprehensive set of features & sound modification tools.
Each four-bus mixer features XENYX microphone preamps. Mono input channels feature three-band, semi-parametric mid-range EQ with Neo-classic “British” response. Stereo input channels provide four-band equalization. Each input has four aux sends; with two sends switchable between pre/post fader, for a flexible mix of monitor and effects applications.
External signal processing racks can be largely eliminated, thanks to the SX Series’ two integrated effects processors and stereo 9-band graphic EQ. One-hundred 24-bit / 96kHz studio-quality effects presets can be called-up and assigned to one or both internal effects buses. Main or Monitor output EQ is set and fine-tuned with the intuitive FBQ Feedback Detection display.
When external processing is required, the SX Series provides extensive insert patch-points for input channels and main outputs. The Master section offers features such as multiple aux and stereo returns, switchable SIP / PFL monitoring, Talkback, metering and more.
An internal auto-ranging power supply (100 – 240V), gold-plated XLR output connectors and rugged steel construction ensure that the SX Series consoles will travel anywhere.
• 16/20 XENYX Mic Preamps (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)
• Two/four stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 2 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)
• Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band
• Two independent 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
• High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ for monitor or main mixes
• FBQ Feedback Detection system
• Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels
• Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connections to outboard processors
• 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application
• 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
• Balanced Main mix outputs with 1⁄4" jacks and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs
• Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section
• Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs
• Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
• Internal auto-ranging power supply (100 – 240 V~)
US list prices:
- SX2442FX = $739.99
- SX3242FX = $879.99
Viewers of this article also read...
- M-Audio Studiophile DSM1 monitors M-Audio today unveiled the Studiophile® DSM1 and DSM2 reference monitors with built-in DSP.
- M-Audio Studiophile DSM2 monitors M-Audio today unveiled the Studiophile® DSM1 and DSM2 reference monitors with built-in DSP.
- American Audio Audio Genie Pro converter Turning analog signals into digital files that can be edited, mixed and stored has never been easier or more affordable, thanks to the new Audio Genie Pro from American Audio. Working with a variety of software programs, this little product (it weighs a mere half pound) connects directly to a PC's USB connection to turn analog signals into digital files without using a sound card or driver.