[NAMM] Fostex FM-3 Mixer
The FM-3 Portable Mixer is equipped with balanced 3ch inputs and 2 x Main outputs each featuring high quality, custom transformers in addition to a wide variety of Sub outputs.
- Balanced 3ch input and 2ch main outputs with extremely high quality signal transformers
- Light but robust aluminum body construction with exclusively machined large aluminum fader knobs
- Metal axis fader pots using conductive plastic to extend its quality and durability
- Organic EL display with high resolution metering to offer both VU and Peak level with selectable Stereo and Mono indication
- Master, Trim and HPF knobs with pop up mechanism to avoid inadvertent operations
- Mixer's parameter setting status (mic/line, phantom on/off, etc) can be seen on the display
- Wealth of outputs such as Sub output, Tape output, 2 x Phones out as well as AUX output with channel select
- Switchable level settings at +4/0/ -20/ -60 on Main and Sub outputs
- Phones outs accept standard and mini plugs on each socket with multiple source and PFL monitoring
- A dedicated monitor return input to check the audio from VTR or Camera feeds
- AUX input can be merged to the Stereo bus for cascade connection
- Analog limiter with the threshold and ratio adjustments
- DC output with Hirose connector for powering a wireless receiver
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.