Mackie launches its most affordable mixers
Mackie introduces the new Mix series of analog mixers, with three compact and affordable models.
The new Mackie Mix series features three mixers, the 5-channel Mix5, 8-channel Mix8 and 12-channel with 12 effects Mix12FX.
Theses three entry-level mixers ($159 for the largest model) are compact and lightweight yet rugged so they can be easily transported and all the connections are installed on the front panel (except the power plug).
Details of each mixer:
- Mix5: 1 mic/line input with mic preamp, 2-band EQ and phantom power, separate XLR and 1/4” jack inputs ; 2 1/4” jack line level inputs, RCA stereo inputs and outputs for playback and recording, 1/4” L/R main outputs, headphone output with dedicated volume. US pricing announced is $69.99.
- Mix8: 2 XLR and 1/4” mic/line inputs with mic preamps and phantom power, pano, level and clipping indicator ; 2 line inputs ; 3-band EQ on each channel, aux send with stereo returns, RCA inputs and outputs, L/R main outputs, headphone and stereo Control Room outputs. US pricing: $109.99
- Mix12FX: 4 XLR and 1/4” jack mic/line inputs with 3-band EQ, 75Hz low-cut filter, pan, level, clipping indicator and phantom power ; 4 line inputs with +4/-10dB operation, balance, level and clipping indicator ; 12 built-in effets (reverbs, chorus and delays), stereo RCA inputs/outputs, L/R main outputs with 60mm fader, stereo headphone and Control Room outputs. US price: $159.99
The new Mackie Mix mixers are expected this month at authorized dealers. Visit mix.mackie.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tascam introduces the DR-60DmkII portable recorder Tascam announces that they have upgraded the preamps in the DR-60D portable multitrack audio recorder.
- Classic Gear Spotlight: The Teletronix LA-2A A number of outboard compressors from the analog era are considered legends in the audio world, among them the Fairchild 670, UREI 1176, and the subject of this article, the Teletronix LA-2A. The LA-2A offers program-dependent compression based on optical circuitry, and has been ubiquitous in studio processing chains over the years, especially for vocals.
- Big discount on the TC Electronic Massenburg EQ In October, TC Electronic lowers the price by more than 50% of the MDW Hi-Res EQ algorithm for the System 6000.