Aly James releases the OB-Xtreme VSTi
Aly James Lab announces the availability of the new OB-Xtreme VSTi synth inspired by the legendary Oberheim OB-X.
The OB-Xtreme is 32-bit VSTi and standalone virtual synth for Windows. Aly James took here with the classic OB Brass sound to its minimal and developed diode clipping stages pre- and post-filter to add body and warmth, but you can also make it scream easily. So it’s not a modeling of the original OB-X but the synth was an inspiration.
- 8 voices with polyphonic and unison modes
- Detune between the voices
- VCF based on the SEM and configured as a variable state 2-pole filter
- FAT mode (polyphonic unison)
- 2 sawtooth oscillators per voice with Sync function
- Pitch LFO with multiple waveforms, including noise
- VA Saturation with pre- and post-filter stages and optional Clean mode to disable the post-filter stage
- Pan control per voice
- Separate outputs before the filter stage
- Portamento (mono)
- Auto-glide (polyphonic)
- Velocity modulation
- MIDI Learn
OB-Xtreme is available as a donationware starting from 15€. Full details as well as audio demos are online at www.alyjameslab.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Final Touch v1.1 supports the AAC format Positive Grid and the Apple developers worked together on a new Final Touch version that includes AAC audio preview.
- -66% off Vandal for Samplitude users Magix is currently offering a 66% discount off its Vandal guitar and bass amp simulator.
- Nugen launches new plug-ins and discounts Nugen Audio announces the release of its new MasterCheck audio analyzer, the Visualiser 2 beta opening and October discounts.