Roland MKS-80
Roland MKS-80
Mnoky Mnoky
Publié le 01/27/11 à 12:54
Everything was written

I had no PGM, so editing is not easy without.
To circumvent the problem of its prohibitive price, I turned to a master keyboard perfect for me: the novation remote 25 then 61. At the time, information on the Internet were in their infancy is wonderful tool. So to find the sysex of each parameter (there are many), I plugged it in and midi out to QBASE moved them one by one (boring) then reprogrammed the remote peak of the data.
This was the beginning of a long and rich history.

Rev 3 is a rare apparently close to the rev 4, but very little info about this subject.
The expression is perfect for me, it can be done meowing, chirping, roaring, bellowing: it's a real zoo. A distortion, wah wah and it multiplies its organic side already strengthened.
What is certain is that you can go through all the states: hovering on some pads, its fucking wicked bass or leads, giggles on other sounds, frozen by some pads, there are even " emulations "of structural Baschet, it all basically sound. I made a small analog kit pretty unique in its kind.
Good afternoon it is not without flaws, the opening of the filter can sometimes aggressive (but hey that a wild animal must be tamed what).

In any case its multiple parameters are sufficient to customize to their liking.

I bought around 1996 (500 Swiss francs) to the controller without time I missed, then came the remote, which gave him its full meaning.
Very organic for my taste, thick, expressive and playful with a beautiful and strong personality.
I could never get rid of it as it melts well in my set.
By the way thank you for your opinion Coyotte14 detailed and informative. Perfect