Korg Ms-20
Korg Ms-20

Analog Synth from Korg belonging to the MS series.

Leicam Leicam

«  A love of MS20 »

Published on 10/30/14 at 06:25
The friend Google will inform you better than me on the characteristics of MS20.
This is vintage so no memories, no connectors recent MIDI / USB kind.
Its black metal, its knobs that are "Clank!" and keys to the sound of old spring mattress in the attic make him a monster devastating look past that comes to haunt you with these sounds devastating!

This is my first big analog worthy of the name. The barrier to overcome is that of a knob = what function?
Once we got it the operation of the machine can be preset from an initial and traveled between different types of sounds one by one by grinding the front panel controls and you can really come across interesting and amazing things. A treat!

This is the big mistake! So beware must adhere to the grain so special of course, but I adhere to 200%. I'm a fan. The bass is fat at will, they can be as well snapping paste (it is this synthesis term ...?) The lead can be as loud and aciiides smoothi ​​by setting out its filters. FX and other experimental sounds are obviously the game with good old MS20.
I was also very surprised and excited is the sound that is simply living and unstable, as many other analog you will tell me, but it made me violently kiffer.
If some people are surprised and may feel victimized by the machine, learn to tame the beast, make her scream at the right time and manage filters, modulations and other peaks with caution.

I won my love and MS20. I put my hands on different analog which are equally impressive (Minimoog travel, Bass Station, SH-101 ...) but MS still my heart stroke. It is subjective.
I used it for the first time experiencing it live a few days ago with a colleague on a Jomox for the rhythm and another on TB for sequences of bass, it is back to direct bacon and MS20 has everyone agrees! is soliiiide! :)
In short I recommend this synth for those who want an analog grain with a scalable, powerful and aggressive, off the beaten for their electro compos course trails.
I fear only one thing is that this old bird is a failure today :( because it is nickel but you never know what can we book the future ... although I think it's great that Korg has made a mini-MS20 reincarnation I find so puny and fragile next to the original ... But yet it runs very well, he and I we understand and feel that this is the beginning of a great story. I do never part.

#love #vintage #machine #gras #puissant #atypique # MS20!