< Tous les avis Roland JUNO-106
Roland JUNO-106

Analog Synth from Roland belonging to the Juno series

Gabrioche Gabrioche
Published on 01/02/08 at 19:46
Not much else to note except MIDI compatibility is almost complete.
An excellent polyphonic analog synth!

Truly one of the easiest synths and pleasant to use.
While there are not tons of parameters to edit, the controls are extremely accurate and flexible at a time. I have other analog synths that have more buttons and settings, but the Juno-106 remains by far the synthesizer on which I have the most control.
The conficuration is very simple and the manual is of course totally unnecessary.

It is by comparing it with other synths like you realize how the sounds of the Juno-106 grand and have nothing to envy the Junos before. It is a very powerful synth in the lower frequencies, thus sweeps juicy and deep bass! The filter, in turn, is fantastic and can self-oscillate, generating a perfect sine wave. And need I say more about the wonderful chorus Roland.
The sounds of the Juno-106 can be used for many styles of electronic music: from ambient to industrial. It is also ideal for the synth for the followers of new-wave revival (Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Ladytron, etc ...)
No velocity or aftertouch, but a very expressive portamento.
I like almost all the sounds, especially low HUGE, tablecloths, pads, strings ... It is a bit limited so the module side Juno-106 is limited to analog sounds simple but still amazing.

I did that last summer (2007) and I play it all the time.
I really like all of this synth (except maybe the fact that it has no sides in wood. I told him a pair in size one day ...)
Very good quality / price ratio.
I would do if this choice?
ABSOLUTELY!