Roland JUNO-106
Roland JUNO-106

Analog Synth from Roland belonging to the Juno series.

studiohome studiohome

«  An analog "correct" but not very versatile »

Publié le 01/31/11 à 10:47
see other reviews I confirm

Archi simple. For

pop and electro.
So let's be clear: it can produce a bass sound pretty good especially eigthies nice, after which small electro noise, groundwater is not the best I find the leads either.

Was my first analog! I bought this one because it was my favorite group, which had been used "SAINT ETIENNE" in their song "Like a motorway" for the bass (if you know not need to fill it! I love).
Afterwards, out of this bass sound, this synth for me is very interesting. Rather cold, not great except on the famous crystal-clear sounds and bass.
I say that with my experience that after the juno 106 has been expanded instead (I had my period altogether vintage with almost all the leaders of this type purchased and resold for some).
In fact a "basic" virtual analog as the Access Virus Indigo 2, for example, outperforms the old juno both ways! the 106 not sound more analog or warmer, it is also downright less versatile. I just preferred the 60, fattest, sounding less "digital"!
A good machine anyway eh! but hey there really more interesting in the analog world is clear especially in the range of prices (and reliability .... ahem). I do not think I'll buy at 500 euros even nickel.