[NAMM] DAS Variant 112A
D.A.S. expands the Variant Installation Array line of products with the new Variant 112A, a powered compact array system.
The two-way full range system provides wide 15º vertical dispersion for greater coverage with fewer units. The enclosure houses a new 12” speaker for bass reproduction and twin M-5N neodymium compression drivers with 2” titanium diaphragms. The 7.5º trapezoidal cabinet design is built using birch plywood and available in black or white. The system offers captive rigging hardware that is compatible with the existing Variant rigging bumper and an optional ceiling mount provides a solution for permanent installations.
The system is powered by a two channel hybrid amplifier which combines a 500 W class “D” amplifier for bass and a 100 W class “AB” amplifier for the high frequencies. The amplifier has balanced inputs and outputs, two Neutrik PowerCon connectors for daisy-chaining other cabinets and a three position “Array EQ” switch which allows the high frequency response to be adjusted in relation to the number of units that make up the array.
Variant 112A rear view.
- Low Frequency Power Amplifier : 1000 W peak - 500 W continuous.
- High Frequency Power Amplifier : 200 W peak - 100 W continuous.
- Input Type : Balanced Differential.
- Input Impedance : Line: 20 kΩ.
- Sensitivity : Line : 1.54 V (+6 dBu).
- On-axis Frequency Range (-10 dB) : 63 Hz - 18 kHz.
- Maximum Peak SPL at 1 meter: 128 dB.
- Nominal -6 dB Beamwidths: 90º Horizontal, 15º Vertical.
- Enclosure Material : Wisa® Birch Plywood.
- Finish : Black or White Paint.
- Connectors: INPUT : Female XLR, LOOP THRU : Male XLR, AC INPUT : PowerCon NAC 3 FCA, AC OUTPUT : PowerCon NAC 3 DFCB.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 32.2x57.4x39.9 cm (12.7x22.6x15.7 in).
- Weight : 35 kg (77 lb).
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] DAS Arco 4 & Arco 24 Spain-D.A.S. Audio launches the new Arcos series, a line-up of compact sized 2-way systems for background/foreground music and paging applications.
- [NAMM] DAS Artec installation speakers D.A.S. Audio launches the Artec series, a range of compact systems designed to provide wide bandwidth and high SPL in a visually discrete package.
- [NAMM] Crown 135MA & 160MA Crown Expands their Commercial Audio Series with the 135MA and 160MA Mixer-Amplifiers