[NAMM] QSC KLA Series
The KLA Series is an active line array system designed for a range of portable and permanently installed applications ranging from live entertainment to houses of worship or other venues, according to QSC.
KLA Power Module
The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a 500 watt by 500 watt power amp module and the KLA181 offers the same power amp module in a 1,000 watt configuration. This is designed to enable up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120 volt electrical circuit.
KLA12 Power Module
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm - designed to provide "extended bass response" - and GuardRail circuitry protection which is designed to prevent the amplifier module from "unnatural and destructive clipping."
An Auto Standby mode is designed to automatically engage after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly, QSC says.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
Housed in an ABS enclosure, the KLA12 features a 12-inch low frequency transducer coupled with a 1.75-inch compression driver. Designed to be used as a fixed arcuate line array, each KLA12 is set at a 90° horizontal by 18° vertical splay angle, allowing 90° vertical coverage arrays to be configured using five boxes.
SOLO Rigging System
KLA's self-contained SOLO (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System is designed to enable users to assemble (and disassemble) the line array without the need for special tools or external hardware.
The KLA12 Ar-Q (Arcuate Equalization) processing is designed to enable users to tune the array, making appropriate frequency compensation adjustments based on the number of boxes. With a dial, the user can select the total number of boxes deployed in the array resulting in a "balanced and accurate tonal curve," according to QSC.
In addition to DEEP DSP algorithm, GuardRail, Auto Standby, balanced line-level XLR input with an XLR "Thru" connector, Attenuation Control and LED indicators, the KLA181 subwoofer also includes a polarity switch designed for low frequency directivity control.
Two KLA12 Loudspeakers over the KLA181 Subwoofer
- 500 W x 500 W power module
- ABS enclosure
- SOLO Rigging System
- Ar-Q Frequency Optimization
- 12:1 design factor supports arrays of up to five units
- 90° x 18° nominal coverage (requires five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- 12” low frequency driver designed to provide extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- 1.75” diaphragm compression driver
- PowerCon Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct pole mount
- 1,000 watt power module
- 18" vented subwoofer
- Output: 135 dB SPL peak
- Frequency range down to 33 Hz (-10 dB)
- PowerCon Input and Thru connections
- Threaded pole-cup receptacle for free-standing applications
- Suspension made possible via M10 fittings or KLA12AF Array Frame
- Integrated threaded pole mount designed to support up to two KLA12 enclosures
For more details, check out www.qscaudio.com/products/speakers/KLA.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL M20 JBL adds the M20, a dual 10" stage monitor, to its VTX M Series.
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL EON One JBL introduces EON One, a new portable, all-in-one PA system.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Korg Stageman 80 Korg presents the Stageman 80, a sort of mix between a guitar amp, a portable PA system and a groovebox.