Create an account

or

Thread small studio setup

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 small studio setup
Hi everyone!

I am in the need for some assistance in choosing a soundcard.
I have a user who has: two turntables, a mixer and a mic. he needs to have these devices connected to his PC. All of these will be utilizing the RCA plugs.
This is not for high-end production(read: less than $200 range) which sound card would you recommend? Have read a bit about the M-Audio firewire, but not sure...
Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks
I suggest you try m-audio audiophile 24/96 pci card. It has 4in, 2 out or 2in, 4out. Suports 16 and 24 bit recording and 44100Hz, 48000Hz and 96000 Hz. The card is VERY CHEAP about 120 Euro!!!
About mixer and mic I don't know exactly. I'm using 12 chanels mackie Microseries 1202. For studio recording you'll need a condensator mic not dinamic. I suggest you some of AKG. You can buy very good mic for about 300 Euro.
The user already has a mixer and a mic. all he needs is the soundcard.
Is there any other recomendations for brands and models?
Thanks
yES THERE ARE MORE MODELS OF SOUNDCARD TO CHOOSE FROM..BUT FOR $100.00 "m-audio audiophile 24/96 pci card" IS THE BEST CHOICE.ALSO USE THE OTHER $100.00 DOLLARS,TO BUY EXTRA STUFF LIKE SOME CHEAP STUDIO MONITOR SPEAKERS,MORE RAM FOR THE PC,OR SOME EFFECT PROCESSOR OR SOUND ENHANCER.

WELL HOPE THAT HELPS... :P