• 2 followers
arhaic

arhaic

2 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 01/10/2010 at 06:17:10
Hi all,

I'm not sure weather this is the right category under which i should post it, but i suppose it falls under a general discussion. That being said, I'm interested in the body movements a dj would execute while working in a home studio, these being related to the work space, the workstation, gear etc. I'm planing on designing a home music workstation and I'd like to bring the user movement to a minimum while working. Cheers.
Chater-La

Chater-La

267 posts
AFfluent Poster
2 Posted on 01/11/2010 at 00:16:43
This is a different question!  Are you a DJ yourself?  Why do you want to limit DJ movements?  Are you building this for yourself or anyone?  It seems to be a very individual thing.  Some DJs move alot others don't....  please explain.
arhaic

arhaic

2 posts
New AFfiliate
3 Posted on 01/12/2010 at 02:07:40
hi, thanks for replying. i'm not a dj myself, im actually trying to design a home studio desk for my college degree project in industrial design. the main ideea would be a merge between a professional studio desk and a semi-professional one. i need all i can get regarding studio user ergonomics, this including the types of movement one would usually have to deal with while mixing, producing, recording etc. among others. also i would like to know your opinion related to the now existing products on the market, more specifically  their flaws. any help is greatly appreciated. cheers.
Chater-La

Chater-La

267 posts
AFfluent Poster
4 Posted on 01/12/2010 at 04:30:03
I think before you think about the design flaws with current desk start with a blank slate.  Imagine and draw the desk you would design without looking too much into what has already been done.  This way you are not influenced.  Once you draw or list the features that YOUR desk will have, consult the 'expert designs'.

I cannot comment on what are the current flaws as this is not my trade (I am a player/singer).  But, yes, interviewing DJs/beat makers will be essential.

It's an interesting project.  Feel free to post blue prints of your desk in the making...
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.