Create an account

or

Thread studio ergonomics

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 studio ergonomics
Hi all,

I'm not sure weather this is the right category under which i should post it, but i suppose it falls under a general discussion. That being said, I'm interested in the body movements a dj would execute while working in a home studio, these being related to the work space, the workstation, gear etc. I'm planing on designing a home music workstation and I'd like to bring the user movement to a minimum while working. Cheers.
This is a different question!  Are you a DJ yourself?  Why do you want to limit DJ movements?  Are you building this for yourself or anyone?  It seems to be a very individual thing.  Some DJs move alot others don't....  please explain.
hi, thanks for replying. i'm not a dj myself, im actually trying to design a home studio desk for my college degree project in industrial design. the main ideea would be a merge between a professional studio desk and a semi-professional one. i need all i can get regarding studio user ergonomics, this including the types of movement one would usually have to deal with while mixing, producing, recording etc. among others. also i would like to know your opinion related to the now existing products on the market, more specifically  their flaws. any help is greatly appreciated. cheers.
I think before you think about the design flaws with current desk start with a blank slate.  Imagine and draw the desk you would design without looking too much into what has already been done.  This way you are not influenced.  Once you draw or list the features that YOUR desk will have, consult the 'expert designs'.

I cannot comment on what are the current flaws as this is not my trade (I am a player/singer).  But, yes, interviewing DJs/beat makers will be essential.

It's an interesting project.  Feel free to post blue prints of your desk in the making...